Happy Friday, everyone! Hoping this finds you having survived the workweek unscathed. A blogger acquaintance of mine inspired me to do a "Friday Favorites" post. It seemed like something fun to post, so here goes.
|I (and I know I'm not the only one) see some of the most idiotic stuff on Facebook. This meme is an AWESOME public service announcement.|
|Facebook hoaxes, especially those copy and paste things that report that Facebook is going to start charging, etc., drive me bonkers. This meme sums up my feelings very well.|
|Yep, I tried to watch the lunar eclipse last weekend, but the cloudy conditions in Louisville refused to play nice... Ah, well... Guess I'll just have to wait for the next one.|
|LOL! If you have no idea what this is referring to, click here.|
I'm also linking up with Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird and Lindsay @ The Flynnigans and sharing the 10 Things That Made Me Happy This Week.
- Dinner with my work teammates and a former teammate who is now retired.
- Good news at this week's faculty meeting.
- A hug from a random kid (that I don't know) during bus dismissal. Maybe I looked like I need a hug...
- Chicken and dumplings on a rainy evening.
- Leftover Giordano's pizza for lunch on Monday. It was almost as good as it was Saturday evening!
- Honeycrisp apples are available again! Oh, how I've missed them! I'm in fruit heaven!
- My husband, who cooks because he knows how much I hate doing it and how badly I am at it.
- Electricity. One of my stepdaughter's friends has been without electricity for over a week and she has crashed at our house several times on school nights. It has reminded me to be very appreciative and to not take it for granted.
- A student of mine is working on using irregular past tense verbs correctly. When I gave him the word caught yesterday, to use in a self generated sentence, he said, "I caught me some ribs!" I followed up with the question, "Tell me one time in your life in which you have had to catch ribs..." We both lost it at that point!
- The Geico commercial featuring the 80s hair band Europe. It makes me chuckle every time I see it.
Watch video here