HALLOWEEN THEMED FREEBIE!
Ten Bookish People (Real or Fictional)
That I Would Invite to a Halloween Party
- Elvis Cole (from Robert Crais' Elvis Cole/Joe Pike series). As the self-proclaimed "World's Greatest Detective," I'm sure Elvis could come up with a great costume!
- Jay Gatsby from The Great Gatsby. Think of all the party favors, food, and beverages he might be willing to contribute especially if I could convince Daisy to come...
- Jamie Fraser from Outlander. He's a man in kilt, for goodness sake. He has a ready made costume! And, he's a good lookin' man in a kilt. Need I go any further?
- David Sedaris, author of Me Talk Pretty One Day. If his books are that hilarious, can you imagine him in person? He'd have all kinds of stories and tales to regale us with!
- Bridget Jones. I suspect that she might wear her bunny costume. (For the record, it's been so long since I read Bridget Jones's Diary, that I can't remember if the bunny costume appeared it the book or just the movie.)
- Idgie Threadgoode from Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe. I'm not sure why, I just think Idgie would be a hoot to hang out with!
- R from Warm Bodies. Since The Walking Dead is so popular, more than likely, he wouldn't be the only zombie there!
- Mark Watney from The Martian. After spending Lord knows how many sols on Mars and days in space, inviting him to a Halloween party is the least I could do to welcome him home. He could come as Marvin the Martian. Okay, okay... Bad joke. I admit it.
- Patrick from The Perks of Being a Wallflower. I would expect him to come as Frank 'N Furter from The Rocky Horror Picture Show. C'mon...it wouldn't be Halloween without an appearance of Frank 'N Furter, now would it? LOL!
- Skink from Double Whammy and several other Carl Hiaasen novels. I can just see this gruff, road killing eating recluse showing up in his floral shower cap and neon yellow rain slicker!