Happy Friday the 13th and Happy Odd Day! Most everyone is familiar to some degree with Friday the 13th, a day that's considered unlucky in Western superstition, but chances are that you're not as familiar with Odd Day.
Odd Day occurs when the numbers of the date appear in three sequential odd numbers such as January 3, 2005 (1.3.5) and today November 13, 2015 (11.13.15). We better celebrate this day because today is the sixth and final time this will happen this century!
Without further ado, here are 10 things that made me happy this week:
- Honestly, I'm not a fan of Jason or Friday the 13th (movie), but I think this is funny.
- A fun evening with work colleagues at a good old fashioned pig roast hosted by one of guys from work.
- Making not one but two pans of corn pudding to take to the pig roast. Why is this such a big deal, you ask? Because I don't cook. Seriously, my cooking skills are VERY limited. This is pretty monumental for me! LOL!
- This meme. Hehe!
- I've been working with a student for about 9 months on the correct usage of conjunctions. He has already grasped the concept and usage of and, but, or, before, after, and because. However, he is struggling to wrap his mind around although. On Wednesday - and during my observation, no less - while attempting to construct the sentence "Because the musician stayed up late, he was tired." my student constructed this sentence instead:
- A 25% Off Your Entire Purchase coupon at Michaels (craft store).
- This hot air balloon greeted me one evening on my commute home. I would love to take a ride in a hot air balloon one day.
- A blogger acquaintance of mine and fellow transplanted Louisvillian, Kristen @ See You in a Porridge, posted an awesome blog entry on Wednesday about our fair city and some cool things to do if you ever find yourself in The Ville. Be sure to check it out!
- A coworker and good friend of mine was in a bad car accident last week. She returned to work Thursday. It was good to see her.
- AND... Yesterday I heard the news and saw the trailer for My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2! I seriously doubt it will be as great as the first, but I am looking forward to it just the same! To watch the trailer, click here.
Happy Friday the 13th to you! Have a great weekend! Thanks for stopping by!