Today my blog entry is pulling double duty. First, I am linking up with Liz @ Sundays with Sophie for her monthly installment of Simply Me. Second, I am linking up with Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird and Lindsay @ The Flynnigans for their weekly installment of 10 Things That Made Me Happy This Week.
The prompt for November's Simply Me is "firsts."
What was the first car I ever drove? When I was around 13-14 years old, my dad began teaching me to drive. I know what you're thinking - 13 years old!?! By that time, he had already moved to Ohio (6 hours away) so we only saw each other once or twice a month. I guess he thought that since he wouldn't be around for daily or weekly driving lessons, that we should start early. It also gave us quiet time to talk and bond. I learned to drive in his 1987 or '88 Chevy Cavalier Z24. It looked exactly like this:
The first dance I went to was: Technically, the first dance I ever went to was the Junior/Senior Prom at the high school where my mother taught in 1978...
I was the flower girl! LOL! I remember nothing about it, though. The first dance I remember attending as an active participant (or semi-active participant considering that I sat on the bleachers the entire time) was probably an end of the year dance in the 8th grade.
My first job was: Mowing grass. Between the ages of 13 and 20, I bet I mowed a million miles worth of grass or so it seemed...
The first phone I had: The corded kind, you know a landline phone. LOL! It looked similar to this:
The first (chapter) book I read was: I honestly do not remember, but a safe guess would be that it was a Hardy Boys book. I LOVED the Hardy Boys.
~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~Here are 10 things that made me happy this week:
1. A 2-day work week! Yee Ha!
2. A phone conversation with my 82 year old grandmother.
3. A little Snoopy and Woodstock humor.
4. Talking to my mom on Wednesday and wishing her a Happy Birthday.
5. When I gave Siri (iPhone) the command "Directions to Happy Dance Quilting" (a quilting company here in Louisville that makes t-shirt quilts), this is the response I got:
Even though Siri wasn't helping me in terms of getting to this place and I had to pull over and search for the physical address, I couldn't help but chuckle. I guess Siri is a Wham! fan... LOL!
6. Check out the t-shirt quilt I had made for my husband, whose birthday is Saturday. I am so pleased it turned out so well because I was very nervous handing over my husband's cherished Kentucky t-shirts, some that go back to 1996. If you live around Louisville and are looking for someone to turn your cherished old t-shirts into a quilt, I would highly recommend Happy Dance Quilting.
7. Sleeping sans alarm several days this week. It was heavenly.
8. Watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. Watching it on tv is nothing like watching it in person (something I did in 2010), but it still makes me happy none-the-less.
9. Watching the National Dog show on tv after the parade.
10. Thanksgiving dinner with my husband's family. My husband is 1 of 7 kids, so when the whole family is together, it's loud and boisterous and, to be honest, sometimes completely overwhelming. But, they are good people and I enjoy spending time with them.
11. BONUS! This... LOL!
12. BONUS! And this...
Thanks for stopping by! Have a fabulous weekend!