Friday, January 8, 2016

10 Things That Made Me Happy This Week (Vol. 14)

I've been MIA from this linkup for a few weeks, so I'm going to take some liberties and extend the time frame.  

10 Things That Made Me Happy This Week During The Past Three Weeks

1. Spending some quality time with my family in WV over the holiday.

2.  An absolutely stunning sunset one evening in WV, as viewed from my parents' house.

3. Waking up to this above the clouds view, also from my parents' house.
4. A low-key New Year's Eve - dinner out with a couple my husband and I are friends with.

5. Coming in to work Monday morning (after 2 weeks off) to find a clean desk.  Cleaning it off before I left for break was a great idea.

6. Listening to some of the tales the kids tell after returning from break. 
Kid: "Hey, Mrs. B, guess where I went over break."
Me: "I have no idea.  Where?"
Kid: "To the North Pole."
Me: "You did, huh?  What did you do there?"
Kid: "I played with penguins."
Me: "Sounds interesting. I guess next year you'll want to go to the south pole to play with polar bears."
Kid: "Yeah, that'd be awesome!"

7. Seeing the progress being made by the kids on the 3rd Grade Archery team. We only had 1 student out of 24 who completely missed the target every time during Monday's practice.

8. Selling a jacket on eBay within 8 hours of listing it!  Cha-ching! $

9. Finishing up my report cards.

10. The $100 "stimulus" check I received from the city where I pay property taxes! Double cha-ching! $$ LOL!

Have a wonderful Friday and an even better weekend!  Thanks for stopping by!
Linking up with Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird 
and Lindsay @ The Flynnigans   

5 comments:

  1. I've missed you, but with the holidays, many were busy but we're in full swing this week.
    Sounds like you had a nice break and much deserved. :)

    Have a great weekend my friend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had a great time over the holiday! Cleaning off your desk before the break sounds like such a great idea! I need to do that next time I go on vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been MIA for a month (probably). I need to get my act in gear. #6 made me laugh! Stories like this from kids make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a good break. And yay for the $$ I have so many clothes to sell on ebay but just haven't had the time to list them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the joy that you have found in things that we often don't take the time to appreciate. That sunset is beautiful. We had a low key New Years Eve as well and it was very nice.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...