Friday, January 22, 2016

10 Things That Made Me Happy This Week (Vol. 15)

I'm currently waist deep in my annual winter funk, a melancholic state of mind I find myself in every January after all the merriment of the holidays has been exhausted and when there's nothing on the horizon to look forward to.

Having said that, comprising this list this week was a bit challenging, but I kept it simple and saw it through.  In the end, it really is the little things.  Here are 10 Things That Made Me Happy This Week:

Watching The Intern on the handy, dandy new Amazon Fire Stick my husband bought a few weeks back.  It was a very good movie and I recommend it if you haven't already seen it.

Having the day off Monday for Martin Luther King Day.

3 snow days.  Granted, I would've rather had them spaced out a little bit in lieu of having them all in a row (Wednesday, Thursday, and today), but I'll take what I can get and enjoy them to the fullest ('cause I'll curse them in May when we have to make them up!).

My first Cadbury Egg of 2016.


Having a much needed date night with R last Saturday night.  

Listening to Bridget Jones' Diary (audiobook).

This meme.  Although Winter Storm Jonas, as of this writing, has the potential to be a HUGE pain in the butt, this meme still cracked me up.  Seriously, it's really as if the entire state has shut down in preparation of this storm.

That I made it to the store and back this morning before the snow started.  Considering that I waited until the 11th hour to do so, it wasn't that bad.

That I have a roof over my head, a working furnace, running water, electricity, and food in the fridge and pantry.

Watching the snow fall.  (It begin around 9:10 a.m.)  It really does look like we are in a snow globe.

Happy Friday to you, wherever you are!  If you are in Winter Storm Jonas' path, be safe and stay warm.  Have a great weekend.  Thanks for stopping by!


Linking up with Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird 
and Lindsay @ The Flynnigans

2 comments:

  1. Hooray for snow days! We just have cold here in Texas, but I don't think that we'd be able to deal with all of the snow and other chaos that goes along with winter storms. I thought that The Intern looked so good! I'll have to check it out soon! Hope you're enjoying your snow day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't get snow days, I think by default because as Canadians, were supposed to be immune to this horse $hit or something. Lol
    I really hope we don't get the remnants of Jonas; I have 37 pet visits to make from 6 pm tonight to Sunday night at 10 pm!

    Stay warm and safe my friend. ;) xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...