Friday, February 19, 2016

10 Things That Made Me Happy This Week (Vol. 17)


The final scoreboard of Megan's 2015 Semi Charmed Winter Book Challenge was posted on the 10th, but I forgot about it and didn't see it until Saturday. When I started that challenge, my goal was to be a Top 3 finisher and I was!  I'll probably never finish a challenge in the Top 3 again, but that's OK.  I've done it once and once is plenty enough for me.

My birthday was last weekend.  To celebrate, my husband took me to see one of my favorite 1980s movies, Pretty in Pink, that was re-released for a limited time to celebrate its 30th Anniversary.  I didn't see it in the theaters in 1986, so the experience of seeing it on the big screen was very cool.

Even though I'm not a big fan of Valentine's Day, my husband sent me a dozen chocolate dipped strawberries for the occasion.  They were de-li-cious!

I've been attending an annual speech pathology conference since Wednesday afternoon.  Although, I really despise sitting in conference sessions (uncomfortable chairs, people packed to the gills, no surface to write on, my SLPPTSD college flashbacks...), I'm truly enjoying hanging out with my speech path buddies from work while we're here.

A HILARIOUS dinner out with two of my speech path co-workers, Cali and Susan.  Cali is new to the district and getting to know her has been an absolute hoot!  That girl is a riot!

Free parking on Wednesday (because I didn't leave the lot until after the cashier's shift was over and there was no one to take my money) and on Thursday (because of the traffic craziness around the convention center and Rupp Arena due to the University of Kentucky basketball game that night)!  YAY!

Original Sin Elderberry Cider.  YUM-MY!

I FINALLY finished The Winter Garden by Kristin Hannah.  I'll admit, it was a tough book for me to get through, but I finally finished it.

That a plus size woman finally made the cover of SI's annual swimsuit issue. This is truly monumental!  See my deeper thoughts here.

This meme:

Have a wonderful weekend!  Thanks for stopping by!


8 comments:

  1. I saw The Breakfast Club on the big screen last year for the re-release. It was awesome. I'm glad you did it with Pretty in Pink!

    Not a celebrator of V-Day but I'll welcome chocolate covered strawberries at any time. LOL

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant to see The Breakfast Club year and somehow missed it. (Might have been when I was down with the flu...) I'm glad I didn't miss Pretty in Pink. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. I really wanted to see Pretty in Pink in the theaters, I was sad to miss it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun! Also, seeing the actors on the large screen, I noticed things that I've missed the previous 342 times I've seen it. For instance, Andrew McCarthy's front two teeth are really uneven. One tooth emerges from the gums higher than the other. I had never noticed that before! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  3. I LOVE chocolate covered strawberries. YUM

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had a great week! Secretly, I wished I had majored in SLP in college instead of Public Health - it would have been an easier job experience (no one hires PHE people anymore unless you have your Master's, boo!) I hope your weekend rocks out! xo Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet the movie on the big screen was pretty awesome. :) Sounds like you had a great week and were spoiled with some much love and thoughtfulness. :)

    Have a great weekend Hun! xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...