Monday, February 1, 2016

Book Challenge by Erin 4.0 - First Month Check-in


As of February 1, 2016: 130/200 points earned and 6/10 books completed.


  • 5 pts. Any book that is at least 200 pages long - November 9 by Colleen Hoover. Read January 29-
  • 10 pts. A book that starts with D - Dust to Dust by Tami Hoag. Read January 11-18
  • 10 pts. A book with a 4 word title - Before He Finds Her by Michael Kardos. Read January 2-8
  • 15 pts. A book with “mother,” “father,” “daughter,” “son”, or “child" in title (plurals are allowed) - Not My Father’s Son by Alan Cumming. Read January 1
  • 20 pts. A currently ranked “most popular author” on Amazon that is NEW TO ME - Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling (Honestly, I’ve never ready ANY of her books before)
  • 20 pts. A book set in any country in Asia -  The Day of the Wave by Becky Wicks.
  • 25 pts. A book with a season in the title - Winter Garden by Kristen Hannah.
  • 30 pts. A funny book from the list @ www.buzzfeed.com/erinchack/books-guaranteed-to-make-you-laugh-out-loud - This is Where I Leave You by Jonathan Tropper.  January 21-29
  • 30 pts. A book that is a favorite of a friend or family member - Bridget Jones’s Diary by Helen Fielding (One of my best friends all-time faves & a re-read for me). January 18-21
  • 35 pts. A book published in the year I was born - Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance by Robert M. Pirsig. January 8-23


Overall, I'm pleased with my progress, especially given that I've been in a bit of a funk since after New Year's and it has seriously affected my reading and audiobook listening.

For more information about this challenge, click here. Even if you're not interested, pop on over to Erin's page anyway and have a look-see. Erin is a fun blogger to follow!

I will share my thoughts/reviews on the books I have read so far next Tuesday in my monthly installment of Recently Read.

As always, thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. It seriously amazes me how much you've been able to read in just a month! You'll be on to the bonus round by next month, I'm sure! Can't wait to hear what you thought of the books that you read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan to enter the bonus round on the 23rd of February (that is when Hidden Bodies by Caroline Kepnes is released). I've been anxiously awaiting it since finishing YOU in August and plan to read it as the "any book" for the bonus round. I am halfway through book #7 (November 9) and anticipate starting #8 (Harry Potter) this Thursday. I must admit that Monday through Friday I can typically get in 1.5-2.0 hours of audiobook listening in during my commute to and from work, so that helps me out in terms of how many books I am able to do in a month. If I didn't have the commute, I don't know if I would finish so many.

      Delete
  2. Fantastic progress! Only a handful have read 5 books or more. I love the enthusiasm :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...