Thursday, July 7, 2016

Currently... (Vol. 6)


Liking...  my new "Currently" picture.  That's one of my mom's flowers, by the way.  She has such a green thumb.  I swear, I think she can grown almost anything.

Noticing...  that the sounds of spring (lots of melodic bird chirping) has been replaced by the sounds of summer (noisy summer bugs).

Listening...  to the audiobook Dancing With Myself by Billy Idol.  He narrates it as well, so it's been a rather cool experience so far. 

Reading...  Wifey by Judy Blume.  Yes, I'm actually reading it, like reading with my eyeballs reading!  (Wifey wasn't available in audiobook format, so I had to go with a paperback.  LOL!)

Watching...  the nightly light show performed by lightning bugs in the backyard. Some nights, it looks like someone strung pulsating twinkle lights in the trees.

Celebrating...  the fact I got tickets to see the broadway show Hamilton in Chicago!  It took 2 1/2 hours to navigate and conquer the virtual feeding frenzy on Ticketmaster the day they went on sale, but I got them!  This is how I felt afterwards:



Eating...  lots of salads that I've been preparing in advance and storing in jars until I'm ready to eat them.

Hauling...  off two months of cardboard and plastics, five months of aluminum, and years worth of stuff to Goodwill.  Reduce, reuse, recycle.

Anticipating...  the season finale of Outlander. I haven't read/listened to Dragonfly in Amber yet, so I went into this season as blind as a bat.  I would like to listen to Dragonfly in Amber, but the audiobook is nearly 40 hours long! Call me a commitment phobe, but that's a HUGE time commitment!

(Still) Shopping...  for one more "dressier" outfit for my trip to Vegas later this month. Given the heat my posse and I are going to endure during our visit, the coolest and most simple solution to this problem would be to don a dress.  But, I look like a dork in a dress and I don't want to look like a dork in Vegas, so my search continues. #tomboyproblems 

What have you been up to lately?  As always, thanks for stopping by!




West Virginia, my beloved home state, was hit by devastating floods on June 23. An estimated 1,200 homes were damaged or destroyed.  Many businesses, schools, and churches were also affected. As the waters receded and people returned to their homes, many found their homes and everything in them, completely washed away. To date, the waters took the lives of 23 people.

As you may be aware, country music star Brad Paisley,  a fellow West Virginia native, established a GoFundMe account to collect donations for flood relief. The donations will be distributed through his charity, The Brad Paisley Foundation. For more information, you can read about it in this article on The Tennessean website, on Brad Paisley's Facebook page, and/or on the GoFundMe page he launched on Wednesday June 29, 2016. 


#wvrising

22 comments:

  1. I think I see Judd Nelson, from the end of Breakfast Club.

    If it's going to be hot, can't you just wear a skirt and a sleeveless blouse?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Skirt, dress... same thing in terms of my comfort level and making me look dorky...

      Delete
  2. I bet that you do not LOOK like a dork in a dress, just FEEL like a dork because you aren't used to it.
    YAY for Hamilton tickets. Totally jealous and happy for you.
    I bet listening to Billy Idol tell his story is wonderful. I don't audio book, but I just might for a rock star :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Oh, friend, I do appreciate your optimism! Dresses and I have just never jived. Billy, much to my surprise, has a very lovely voice to listen to. Your review of his book back in the winter piqued my interest, but I had no idea I'd enjoy listening to him as much as I am.

      Delete
  3. I bet you don't look like a dork in a dress. You might feel like one, but you don't look like one! I wear dresses every day (and I am seriously a cotton elastic waist shorts/t-shirt person) because they're cooler and easier to move in...I still wear tight shorts under so no one gets a show. LOL

    I liked Wifey/adult Judy Blume stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Thank you for your encouraging words regarding the dork in the dress. I may not look like one to the world, but I feel like one and that makes me look like one in my mind's eye. Body image issues, I guess...

      I just finished Wifey and I liked it for the sheer novelty of it, imaging what a stir it caused in 1978!

      Delete
  4. Well, keep us posted on your Vegas adventures . . . I'm heading there for the first time at the end of August . . . should be sweltering! Ha! My husband and I love Outlander but we are a few episodes behind! And I say get rid of it all . . . I just dropped off a load of styrofoam yesterday . . . that stuffs piles up. Love a Goodwill run . . . how do I still have so much stuff?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will! I should post something about it before mid-August. Yes, it will be hotter than the face of the sun!

      Delete
  5. i agree with erin, i'm sure you just feel like a dork, but don't look like one. wear whatever feels comfy and then you won't feel or look like a dork :) that's my motto anyway lol. i feel you on dragonfly, i haven't read or listened because it's just so long! i couldn't commit to an audiobook that long, i just finished one that was like 21 hours and it was long enough, i couldn't imagine double that. your mom's flowers are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am now trying to decide on what to about the book Dragonfly in Amber. Read it or skip it and move on the book 3 at some point. I don't know how different the second book is from the season 2...

      Delete
  6. I'm so jealous of your Hamilton tickets! It's coming to Houston next year and my fingers are crossed that my mom will be able to get us tickets before they officially go on sale. I'm so ashamed by how far behind we are for Outlander! Hopefully since we're home this weekend we'll take some time and watch the 8 episodes we have on our DVR! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you can get the tix, too. I hope it is as good as everyone has made it out to be!

      Have you read any of the Outlander books? I'm now at a crossroad... I read the first book before seeing the first season on STARZ. But, I didn't read Dragonfly in Amber before the second season came out. I've now watched the entire second season and I'm wondering how different the book and the show are. Do I need to invest 40 hours of audiobook listening on Dragonfly in Amber before moving on the third book or can I just proceed to book 3 going on what took place in the show? I don't know...

      Delete
  7. ticket master is the worst! i often have to pair up with a friend and we have to attack that site at both ends in order to get the best tickets. great score on the tix!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I knew how many thousands of people were on TM that day trying to score tickets. I've never had a TM experience like that before. Completely WILD!

      Delete
  8. I admire anyone who can eat salads. I just quicker grab the unhealthier option, which is something I perhaps need to start changing.
    Looking forward to reading about your Vegas trip. Hope you find an outfit soon!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This salad thing is fairly new to me and my salad preferences are fairly limited. We shall see how this goes. :) I have almost acquired a third and final outfit for Vegas. If I didn't sweat like mad at the drop of a hat, I wouldn't worry and I'd simply recycle. Recycling outfits on this trip, I'm afraid, will not be an option. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  9. I don't like wearing dresses that much either and also usually feel pretty awkward in them. I think I own a total of 3 dresses, and I rarely wear them. I used Rent the Runway to get a dress for my husband's birthday dinner just so I wouldn't have to shop for one. Haha. (And if you're curious about it, this was my second time using them, and both times my experience was awesome!)

    I also hate Ticketmaster. I never feel like I'm getting the "best" seats, but I also don't have the patience to search a bunch of times. (I'm also always paranoid the show will sell out if I don't just go ahead and buy within the first few tries.) I'm glad you were able to get tickets! :-)

    P.S. The flower is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. My mom is great at growing things, she really is. I own 2-3 sun dresses that I only break out when in the tropics and it's as hot as the face of the sun. LOL! Yes, Vegas will qualify in terms of heat, but I just really don't wanna... i just don't wanna. That's it. LOL!

      Oh, the Hamilton/Ticketmaster experience was WILD! Never would I have imagined that that many dates would completely sell out on the first day! I've been buying tickets on TM for years and I've never encountered such long search and wait times. It was unbelievable...truly like a virtual feeding frenzy.

      Delete
  10. Congratulations on the Hamilton tickets!! And I really want to start Outlander- or read the books, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was the most unreal Ticketmaster experience I've ever had. Never in a million years did I think it would sell out that many dates on the first day! CRAZY!

      Delete
  11. SO jealous of your Hamilton tickets! I hope you absolutely love it. Maybe they'll do a tour in Pittsburgh? I can only hope :) Thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so, too! I do believe it will begin touring this upcoming year, but I'm not sure of the cities got first dibs.

      Delete
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...