Thursday, September 1, 2016

Currently... (Vol. 8)


Enjoying...  the album Blues of Desperation by Joe Bonamassa.  This blues/rock singer/guitarist was recommended to me by a friend.  I owe this friend a huge thank you. (Thank you, K)



Struggling... to push through this case of writer's block that I had pretty much the entire month of August (and that is evidenced by my blog posts last month).

Looking...  forward to the appearance of honeycrisp apples that will soon start to appear in grocery stores.

Reading (well, really listening)...  to the audiobook The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah.



Pre-ordering...  a copy of the 2017 Thunder From Down Under calendar.  It will be a gift that keeps on giving. ;)

Working...  through this reading slump that has plagued me all last month. Seriously, last month I listened to one book.  One.  Uno.  1. I'm not sure what's caused this slump.  Right now I'm going to blame it on a combination of the Olympics (because I watched a lot of events), going back to work and getting in the swing of things again, and just having a lot on my mind and preferring to listen to music and work through those thoughts while commuting instead of listening to an audiobook.  Perhaps September will be better (fingers crossed).

Loving...  my new West Virginia Strong t-shirt.  The proceeds from the sale of this shirt goes to West Virginia flood relief.


Yes...My eyes are closed.  By the time I realized this, I had already thrown this shirt in the wash and I thought, "Screw it..".  LOL

Thankful...  that the prolonged heat wave that the Louisville metro area has been under for most of late July and August has finally broken.  It's just been too damn hot...

Impressed...  by WalMart's Yeti-knockoff 30 ounce insulated tumbler. Supposedly, it is made by the same company that makes Yeti, but it is $30 cheaper (Ozark Trail tumbler is $10 bucks and Yeti is $40.)  I don't have a Yeti, so I haven't done any official experiments or head to head challenges, but there are tons online so you can Google them if you are interested.  All I know is that I put ice in mine when I leave for work at 6:15am and I still have ice in my soda when I leave to come home anywhere from 4-6pm each afternoon.



Being...  mindful of my caloric intake.  Since August 1, I've tightened up my belt one notch and have lost 8 pounds.

Missing...  the river.  This is the first summer in 6 or 7 years in which I haven't gone white water rafting at least once.  I hate it when life gets in the way.  I may have to remedy this when I go to West Virginia in October.  I might be able to squeeze in a trip down the New River.

Appreciating...  the members of my tribe, the people I've allowed in to my inner circle. These are the people who get me and with whom I trust.  August was not an easy month for me on many levels and I've had to rely on these kindred spirits more than usual.  Some read this blog, some don't.  Regardless, I am so very thankful for them and I'm blessed to have them in my life.

So, what have you been up to lately?  Please feel free to share.  I love audience participation.


Linking up with:


20 comments:

  1. Love the t-shirt!

    I am getting one of the Ozarks and testing it against my brother's Yeti.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      PS You may have to order it online through Walmart and pick it up at the store. Apparently, since the word is out, there has been a run on them and many stores are having trouble keeping them in stock. Let me know how it compares with your brother's Yeti.

      Delete
  2. I spent too much time contemplating your Thunder from Down Under calendar and completely understand how that is a gift that keeps on giving. :) Sorry to hear about your reading slump. They are such a pain. Hopefully, you're enjoying The Nightingale. I thought it was great but have some tissues ready. :) And I need one of those Ozarks mugs too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, the Thunder from Down Under men are... Yummy! (I saw them in LV last month and the made quite an impression on me! LOL!) I am enjoying The Nightingale so far. It's a long audiobook, so I'm just taking my time with it. You are perhaps the third or fourth person that has mentioned keeping the tissues ready. I will definitely heed your advice. Have a good one!

      Delete
  3. the nightingale.... that book. i can't even begin to tell you how much i loved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many people have raved about this book. I honestly don't know anyone (blogger or otherwise) who didn't like it. I admit, I have high hopes. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Writers block is such a frustrating thing! I had a good writing day today, but the last week or so I haven't felt up to it with being ill and just tired. But I'm happy with today and I'm looking forward to it continuing tomorrow.

    Oh how are you enjoying The Nightingale? I have it on my Kindle but I haven't started reading it yet. It's not really my genre, so I'm waiting until I'm in the mood for it. Maybe I'll pick it up next month.

    ~ K

    www.lifeasunusuals.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's been rather frustrating, but I realize it hits every blogger from time to time so I've just been rolling with it.

      So far, I'm enjoying The Nightingale. Every blogger I know who has read it has only had great things to say about it. I've had it for a year or so, but am just now getting around to listening to it.

      Delete
  5. My mom was telling me about her thermos she got at Walmart, so she must have gotten the same one. That would be fantastic for a cold drink at work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Ozark Trail is awesome! Keeps drinks cool, doesn't sweat... I am very pleased. It's so much better than my Tervis.

      Delete
  6. I think you like that guy because he has a naughty surname.

    You seem to have a thing for male strippers.

    My shirt is better. You have better hair though.

    Happy for you and a bit jealous. Diets never do squat for me. They never do anything either. :)

    If you wait until October, it will be the Not So New River.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, E Man... If you're not familiar with Joe B., you should give him a listen. Would you rather I have a thing for female strippers? LOL! Thank you. I'm not saying that I'm dieting, b/c diets have never worked for me. I just being very mindful of what I consume and am trying to stay around a certain number or calories. I'm still eating what I want, within reason. I'd venture to say that my shirt is almost exactly like yours... Thanks for the hair compliment. Yesterday was a bad hair day (when I took the pic), but thank you just the same.

      Delete
  7. congrats on the 8lbs girl that's awesome!!
    i hope you like the nightingale :) i listened to it as well. normally i'd read a book like that, but the audio was great.
    i need that calendar :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! 8lbs is not much, but it's a start and that has to count for something, right? I've just gotten to the point of where I've had enough. Something has to give. So far, I'm enjoying The Nightingale. I like the voice artist and her versatility. Once I get my calendar, I may share so pics of it... ;)

      Delete
  8. I got into a major slump this month too and I blame it on the Olympics! I couldn't pull myself away from the TV to do anything else! I have been wanting to try one of those cups from WalMart. I hear only good things and you can't beat the price!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am super impressed with the Ozark Trail tumbler and yes, you're right, the price can't be beaten. Hopefully now that the Olympics are over, I'll get out of my blogging and reading slump. I just love the Olympics and I watch an obscene amount of coverage when they are on. :)

      Delete
  9. Ohhh that calendar....and are we seriously already to the point of ordering for 2017??? This year completely flew by. Geez! Thanks for linking up with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know... Hard to believe 2016 is almost 75% of the way over, isn't it?

      Delete
  10. I completely blame summer on the writing block! Sometimes it's hard to write when there's so many other things going on! And way to go on losing weight! It's so hard to do, especially since eating is so social, but just know that you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I had a big test this week as I had two girls' dinners in one week! But, I was good and ate sensibly and the scales were in my favor yesterday! I lost 4.5 lbs last week. So, eating out and losing weight can be done, it just takes a little research and will power.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...