Friday, November 25, 2016

Ten Things I'm Thankful For


I.  Freedom of speech.  (Kudos to the members of Hamilton, SNL, and Green Day for executing their First Amendment right.)

II.  That my 84 year old grandpa and 83 year old grandmother are still alive and doing relatively well.  They both were in the hospital last week.  I'm very thankful to have had another Thanksgiving with them.

III.  That I was awake to see this amazing sunrise Tuesday morning.


IV.  For my health.  I know several people my age and younger who have some serious health issues.  I am extremely fortunate that I do not.

V. For the opportunity to return to my childhood home not only during the holidays, but throughout the year.

VI.  For friends I've known since I was a kid and who, over the decades, have become "family."

VII.  Diverse friends who add a very special spice to my life.

VIII.  My tiny West Virginia family.  There were only eight of us around the table yesterday for Thanksgiving dinner, but it was wonderful being in each other's company.

IX.  For the relative ease in which I've been able to lose the amount of weight I have so far.  I know many people who struggle to lose more than a couple pounds.  I've been able to lose 10% of my original starting weight simply by making very doable changes to my diet and incorporating exercise.  

X. Unexpected miracles.  I know I've mentioned this phrase several times previously and I've never fully explained it.  I believe that some things in life are simply so wonderful that they shouldn't be explained.  I received a wondrous gift from someone who, sadly, was just passing through my life.  I will never forget that person or that gift.

-|-

I hope this finds you having a wonderful Friday, wherever you are in this great, big vast  world.  If you are here in the U.S., or are an ex-pat living abroad, I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  If you are one of the many out there braving the Black Friday madness, I wish you fabulous deals and a safe shopping experience.

Have a wonderful weekend and, as always, thanks for stopping by!

PS - Happy Birthday to my fabulous mother!




Linking up with:


5 comments:

  1. what a gorgeous sunrise and so glad that your grandparents are alive and well! i no longer have my grandparents around but I'm glad that Kayla still has 3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great list. I'm glad you still have your grandparents. We can learn so much from them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an amazing list. I am grateful for you too! That is awesome. And to still have grandparents! I miss my Nanny H the most I think. She would have loved my girls so! Hope the weekend is wonderful! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a really beautiful list of meaningful things to you and your life.
    You are blessed to have both grandparents still. I miss mine every single day. I hope yours are both doing alright considering they were in the hospital.
    We had Black Friday sales up here in Canada last Friday and it was laughable. I've come to the conclusion I don't like malls and guards of people alike.

    Cheers to a good week hun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All wonderful and worthy things. I hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...