Friday, November 18, 2016

Friday Five (Vol. 9)


I.  Despite being a little "old news," this poignant article about the Cubs in the Chicago Sun Times.

II.  My Cubbies World Series Championship t-shirt arrived this week.  I love it!



III. This poignant video about a very solemn day in my alma mater's history.

IV.  This CBS Sunday Morning segment.  Despite it being somewhat political, my inclusion of it on this list has nothing to do with my feelings for Trump.  This segment tells the story of some people in McDowell County, WV.  McDowell County is where my paternal grandparents were raised and it neighbors my home county.  It's not a happy video, but is worth sharing.



V.  There is a principal in Lexington, KY who makes hilarious videos regarding teacher and education issues.  If you are an educator, I'd recommend checking out his Facebook page.  Just a little warning, however, he is as country as corn and he might be hard to understand if you're not familiar with southern accents!



VI.  BONUS - Although this song is 21 years old, I think its message is still as relative and timely as it was in 1995.


I hope this finds you having a wonderful Friday.  May you have a blessed weekend.  Have anything fun planned?


Linking up with:



3 comments:

  1. Good list and liked the song choice. Definitely still relevant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray, it is finally the weekend.
    Love your Cubs tshirt too hun.

    I hope you have a nice short week next week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am behind on blog reading, so trying to catch up but i cannot believe that song is 21 years old. WHAT?!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...