My goal for 2016 was to achieve Marathoner Level (50+ audiobooks). For more information about this challenge, click here.
Yesterday, I completed my 50th audiobook of the year, thus achieving my goal. Here are the audiobooks I listened to in 2016:
- Not My Father's Son by Alan Cumming
- Before He Finds Her by Michael Kardos
- Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance by
- Dust to Dust by Tami Hoag
- Bridget Jones' Diary by Helen Fielding
- This is Where I Leave You by Jonathan Tropper
- November 9 by Colleen Hoover
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling
- The Winter Garden by Kristen Hannah
- Maybe in Another Life by Taylor Jenkins Reid
- Hidden Bodies by Caroline Kepnes
- Six Days of the Condor by James Grady
- Dear Mr. You by Mary-Louise Parker
- Breakfast of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut
- The Help by Kathryn Stockett
- One Summer by David Baldacci
- Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan
- Silver Bastard by Joanna Wylde
- Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
- My Sister's Grave by Robert Dugoni
- Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail by Cheryl Strayed
- Rain Reign by Ann M. Martin
- Never Never Part 1 by Colleen Hoover
- Never Never Part 2 by Colleen Hoover
- Lady Isabella's Scandalous Marriage by Jennifer Ashley
- I Must Say by Martin Short
- As You Wish: Inconceivable Tales from the Making of the Princess Bride by Cary Ewes
- The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum
- The 9th Girl by Tami Hoag
- The Opposite of Loneliness: Essays and Stories by Marina Keegan
- Sick Puppy by Carl Hiaasen
- The Unidentified Redhead by Alice Clayton
- The Pretty Girls by Karin Slaughter
- Home to Big Stone Gap by Adriana Trigiani
- Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea by Chelsea Handler
- Dancing with Myself by Billy Idol
- Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
- The Edge of Lost by Kristina McMorris
- Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
- China Rich Girlfriend by Kevin Kwan
- The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah
- On Dublin Street by Samantha Young
- The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
- My Bluegrass Baby by Molly Harper
- Fool Me Once by Harlan Coben
- The Watchman by Robert Crais
- Never Seduce a Scot by Maya Banks
- Tourist Season by Carl Hiaasen
- Under Locke by Mariana Zapata
My favorite audiobooks of 2016 are: Not My Father's Son by Alan Cumming, The Help by Katherine Stockett, As You Wish: Inconceivable Tales from the Making of The Princess Bride by Cary Elwes, Ready Player One by Ernest Cline, Dear Mr. You by Mary-Louise Parker, and Hidden Bodies by Caroline Kepnes.
My least favorite audiobooks of 2016 are: The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain (despite being narrated by Elijah Wood) and Breakfast of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut (despite being narrated by John Malkovich). I liked both Wood's and Malkovich's voices, but I didn't care for either story and found them a chore to get through.
Thanks to the gals @ A Book Nympho and Hot Reads for hosting the challenge again this year. I can only imagine the amount of work that must go into hosting a challenge.
As for 2017, I have decided not to participate in the challenge next year. My life has changed a bit and I find myself not listening to as many audiobooks as I once did. I love a good challenge, but think it's best to just sit this one out.
Do you listen to audiobooks? What was your favorite and least favorite audiobooks of 2016?
As always, thanks for stopping by!