Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Tuesday Topics - Nine TV Series


As I've mentioned before, I'm not much of a TV watcher.  There are numerous days in the summer when I'm home all day long by myself and I never turn on the TV; my husband, on the other hand, has the TV on all the time.  I'm one of those people who isn't up to speed on current plot lines or season cliffhangers. Hell, half the time I have no clue as to what the most popular TV shows are anymore.

When I saw this week's topic, I immediately let out an audible groan, thinking How am I going to post about TV shows when I don't watch much TV?  Well, I decided to dig deep.  My list spans three decades and includes the nine TV series that I have watched in their entirety, or, at the very least, all of the episodes so far in the series if they are currently running (as denoted with *).


Outlander*
2014-present
I watch the episodes of Outlander on a weekly basis as they air.  I also have a tendency to rewatch the previous week's episode before the new episode airs.



The Affair*
2014-present
I typically DVR the season and then binge watch the episodes during the summer.



Shameless*
2011-present
I binged watched seasons 1-5 during the first two weekends in January 2016 to be ready for the sixth season (that aired that month).  Since then, I've watched the episodes on a weekly basis when they air.



Breaking Bad
2008-2013
I binged watched all 62 episodes of this show in January 2015. Whew!  Talk about addiction!  I was completely hooked!



Sons of Anarchy
2008-2014
I binged watched seasons 1-6 during the fall of 2014 while simultaneously DVR'ing the episodes of season 7 as they aired and then watched them later.  I think I finally got caught up sometime in November and maybe watched the last 3-4 episodes as they aired on FX.



Big Love
2006-2011
I watched this show as it aired, occasionally DVR'ing it if I was out of town or something.



Six Feet Under
2001-2005
I watched this show religiously every week.



Sex and the City
1998-2004
In 2001, I dated a guy who had HBO.  It was because of him that I started watching Six Feet Under (above).  If I'm remembering correctly, Sex and the City came on before Six Feet Under and that's how I came to watch this series, too. Best I can determine, I watched half of Season 4 before he and I broke up, then I, obviously hooked on the show, got HBO so I could continue watching it (and Six Feet Under). Sometime after that season, I rented - YES! RENTED the first three seasons from Blockbuster.  Seasons 5 and 6, I watched in real time as they aired.



ER
1994-2009
Yes, I have seen all 331 episodes of this show that aired on NBC.  I'm not sure if that's something to be proud of or not!  LOL!  Now, how I came to see them all is quite a convoluted journey.  I watched some episodes in real time, many as reruns that aired on TNT, and I watched the majority of the last season on DVR one night in the summer of 2010 before the satellite provider came the next morning to upgrade our receiver (which would've resulted in me losing all those recorded episodes).


What are some TV series that you have seen every episode of?  Please feel free to share!  Have a great day!

Linking up with Jenn @ Quirky Pickings

10 comments:

  1. Battle star galatica both series lol. Dukes of hazard. Vampire diaries. Game of thrones and many more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're still a little bit behind on Outlander, but I love that show too! And we're huge HBO fans as well, and I've also seen every episode of SATC, but haven't had the chance to watch Six Feet Under. Law & Order SVU is a show that I've literally seen every episode, sometimes more than once! I can't help but just turn on a marathon and binge it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've probably seen 60% of L&O:SVU. I, too, use to binge watch the SVU marathons when they aired on USA. I was a very regular watcher for many years, but in the past 2-3 years, I truly have turned into one of those ppl who doesn't watch much TV. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. OOoh man besides Outlander and The Affair this list is all me! I loved ER and I am obsessed with shameless

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm glad you reached back into the archives! i was going to include the unusuals on my list, but i felt like i needed to try to keep it current. i HAD to put west wing on mine because you can still get it on netflix, and i binge on that so regularly.

    thanks, ericka. :]

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES! I love The Affair too. I don't have Showtime though, so just picked up season 3 from the library. I plan to binge it all week. It's such a well done show! I started Six Feet Under last winter and loved what I saw so far. I need to get back on it! Big Love was a favorite of mine too! And of course SATC. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I freaking love The Affair. I love examining perspective.

    I have loved LOST, The Sopranos, Veep, The Wonder Years, Beverly Hills 90210, Law & Order, CSI, Criminal Minds.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Burn Notice and Breaking Bad.

    A lot of shows that weren't on for long, like Dirt and Pushing Daisies.

    Then there are the shows that I might have seen every ep, but I was watching them as re-runs so I'm not sure. Sex and the City and Frasier are in this category.


    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...