Today I am linking up with The Broke and the Bookish and participating in their weekly Top Ten Tuesday feature post. (To learn more about TTT, click here.) This week's theme is -HALLOWEEN THEMED FREEBIE! So, I have chosen:
Ten Bookish People (Real or Fictional) That I Would Invite to a Halloween Party
- Jay Gatsby from The Great Gatsby. Think of all the party favors, food, and beverages he might be willing to contribute especially if I could convince Daisy to come...
- Jamie Fraser from Outlander. He's a man in kilt, for goodness sake. He has a ready made costume! And, he's a good lookin' man in a kilt. Need I go any further?
- Bridget Jones. I suspect that she might wear her bunny costume. (For the record, it's been so long since I read Bridget Jones's Diary, that I can't remember if the bunny costume appeared it the book or just the movie.)
- Idgie Threadgoode from Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe. I'm not sure why, I just think Idgie would be a hoot to hang out with!
- Mark Watney from The Martian. After spending Lord knows how many sols on Mars and days in space, inviting him to a Halloween party is the least I could do to welcome him home. He could come as Marvin the Martian. Okay, okay... Bad joke. I admit it.
- Patrick from The Perks of Being a Wallflower. I would expect him to come as Frank 'N Furter from The Rocky Horror Picture Show. C'mon...it wouldn't be Halloween without an appearance of Frank 'N Furter, now would it? LOL!
- Skink from Double Whammy and several other Carl Hiaasen novels. I can just see this gruff, road killing eating recluse showing up in his floral shower cap and neon yellow rain slicker!
- Billy Idol, rockstar and author of Dancing With Myself. It's Billy Idol! Who wouldn't want to hear Billy singing some classic 80s tunes at a party?
- Stephanie Plum from Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum Series. I went deep and old school for this one. Once upon a time, I LOVE Stephanie Plum because she was a riot! I loved the hilarious situations she found herself in. I just think she'd be fun to hang out with.
- Lula, also from the Stephanie Plum series. Lula is a former ho' turned filing clerk and Stephanie Plum's occasional assistant. Her presence guarantees to add some entertainment, whether it be because of her attempts to squeeze her size 18 boy into size 8 clothes or simply by what comes out of her mouth. I think she'd be a fun party guest.
How about you? Which bookish people (real or fictional) would you invite to a Halloween party you were hosting? Thanks for stopping by and Happy Halloween!
It's worth mentioning that I participated in this same prompt two years ago. I looked back on my original "guest list" and did some tweaking.