Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Tuesday Topics - Four (Most Unusual) Setting Locales for Books, TV Shows, and/or Movies



The virtual reality world of the OASIS
- from the novel and movie, Ready Player One

Mars
- from the novel and movie, The Martian by Andy Weir

The shed (a.k.a the room)
- from the novel (and movie), Room by Emma Donoghue

The alternate North America that never experienced the American Revolution 
- from the novel, Rewinder by Brett Battles


What are some unusual settings that come to your mind?


Linking up with Jenn:

9 comments:

  1. The first thing I thought of was James and the Giant Peach. You don't get much more unusual than literally inside a peach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Wonderland... as in "Alice in..." or the movie that chronicles the Wonderland murders?

      Delete
  3. i can't do it, captain. i don't have the power. all the stuff i thought of was science fiction or fantasy, and since that's unusual content, the setting (to me) isn't, and i couldn't convince myself otherwise.

    sorry. but i did put a "post" up to provide a link to your page. so there is that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This topic was rather tough. I admit that I had to really think about the settings of books I've read and I even had a little help from Google. :). Thanks.

      Delete
    2. Oh, and I forgot to mention earlier, this topic is probably where my creativity ends. I've been thinking about the next three topics and they are TOUGH (I don't watch much tv so I'm having trouble with that one, the TV costume thing is much like you said about the settings and I'm drawing a blank there, and the plot twist...I have nothing). I'll continue to think about them, but I don't think I'll have much luck.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...