Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Summer Is...



Kayaking
Boston Ferns
Lightning bugs
No alarm clocks
No rush hour traffic
Purple chicory blossoms
Morning walks in the park
Quiet time sitting on the deck 
Waking after the sun has risen
Extended quality time with my dog
Simply being Ericka instead of Mrs. B.



Today is my first official day of summer break.  So, even though spring still has 3 weeks left in it, it's summer in my mind.


What is summer to you?  Thanks for stopping by!


Inspired by Steph's post

6 comments:

  1. Heat heat humidity and heat plus throw in a little swimming lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If the heat is as bad as you're suggesting, I think a lot of swimming would be in order!

      Delete
  2. 'Simply being Ericka instead of Mrs. B' - love it. enjoy! summer to me is warmth. not just the obvious part with the whole sun and heat, but i don't know. i feel like my life just warms up, i'm normally a lot happier in summer, regardless of the country i'm in. summer means lack of routine because KC is off and drives me bonkers ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I imagine so (KC and the lack of routine)! If your husband is anything like me, he probably needs this time off just to decompress and to just "be."

      Delete
  3. I love your list! To me it´s beach and traveling. And as I live in a very touristic seaside city - I always want to escape somewhere from the crowds, when the summer comes lol you just can´t have it all!

    Have a great week!
    Anna
    http://atlifestylecrossroads.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like to associate the beach with summer, but it seems over the past decade or so I tend not to go to the beach during summer, but rather in October. I can imagine that it would be difficult having your town invaded every summer and throwing the rhythm off. Hope you're having a great week, too!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...