Monday, June 11, 2018

The Blended Blog Asks - Summer Lovin'


Walk vs. Bike Ride
Nothing against bike riding, for I like to do that, too, but I love walking. I love the rhythmic pounding of my feet against the earth and I love where my feet take me.

Favorite Picnic Food - Hot Dogs
I'm not sure I've ever been on a "picnic," but I've been to a lot of cookouts and "weenie roasts."  Hot dogs are my favorite.

Pool vs. Lake
Nothing against lakes, for I kayak in lakes all the time, but if I had to choose one for swimming purposes, it would be a pool.

Favorite Flavor of Ice Cream - Hokey Pokey
Unfortunately Hokey Pokey is only typically found in New Zealand and Australia.  I had it 11 years ago and, as you can tell, it made quite an impression on me.  Here in the states, however, I would have to say that Haagen Dazs' Dulce de Leche is my favorite.




Ice Cream Cone vs IC in a Dish - Coin toss
It really depends on my mood.  I like both equally.

Flip Flops vs. Slides - Coin toss
I have and wear both equally.

Jorts vs. Jean Capris
If I have to choose between the two, I'll go with the jorts.  During summer, unless I'm working, I go for all things above the knees.

Favorite Summer Fruit - Watermelon

Corn on the Cob vs. Off the Cob
Back when I ate corn (I gave it up about 3 years ago) I preferred it on the cob.  Gnawing it off the cob is half of the fun!

Favorite Summertime Song - "Summertime" by Kenny Chesney


Favorite Summertime Activity - Not working :)

Favorite Berry - Blackberry

Bikini vs. Tankini vs. One Piece

Dresses vs. Skirts - Coin toss
Neither are regular items in my wardrobe and, for me, they are six of one half a dozen of the other.

One Word to Describe Summer - Freedom



Linking Up With:  The Blended Blog



Just for fun, here are some of my honorable mentions for Favorite Summertime Song:


"Summertime Girls" by Y&T (1985)



"Endless Summer Nights" by Richard Marx (1987)



"School's Out for Summer" by Alice Cooper (1972)



"Into the Night by Benny Mardones" (1980 and re-relased in 1989)
(Yes, I realize there is no mention of summer in the title, but I always associate this song with summer because it brings back a lot of memories from the summer of 1989.)

2 comments:

  1. Hope you're enjoying the holidays. I'm guessing slides are just a slip on sort of sandal/shoe? Not familiar with that term lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, slides are sandals that you essentially just slide on. They typically have one wide band that goes across the top of the foot. Flip flops typically have a strap that comes between your big and second toe.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...