Thursday, September 6, 2018

Currently... (Vol. 31)


Completing...  my 5th week of 5:2 intermittent fasting.  The first week was tough, but it has become progressively easier with time.  And the best part - I lost weight and FINALLY broke through a weight loss plateau that plagued me for a LONG time!  

Hoping...  that the second bedroom (that we started renovating in mid-August) will soon be finished.

Ready...  to get my house back in order.  I'm tired of the construction mess and I'm tired of things being in places that they shouldn't be (even if it's just temporary.)

Looking...  forward to watching the season 9 premiere of Shameless this weekend.


Crossing...  my fingers for some rain this weekend in hopes that it will get me out of doing something I don't want to do. C'mon, Rain Gods!  Bring it!

Acknowledging...  that there's a good chance I won't finish Erin's Book Challenge, which would be a first for me.  I'm not sure how I feel about this. (See my progress below.)

Reading Listening to...  the audiobook Every Anxious Wave by Mo Daviau.


Loving... the sunrises I've been treated to the past two weeks.  This one is from yesterday: 


Wishing...  my Aunt J a Happy Birthday tomorrow!  

Laughing...  at this:



August in a Snapshot:

1) The SLP version of Tetris (scheduling), Finished bedroom #1, Visiting the Nina and Pinta.
2) Receiving my a "major award," Enjoying the spotlight parking space for a week at work,  View from my parking space.
3) Starting renovating bedroom #2, I painted some "happy little trees," Getting my "paint on" with friends.

What have you been up to lately?

Linking up with:


Book Challenge by Erin 9.0 Progress to Date:


  • 5 points: Freebie (A book that is at least 200 pages) - The Midnight Plan of the Repo Man by W. Bruce Cameron.
  • 10 points: Read a book that starts with the letter “N” - Native Tongue by Carl Hiaasen
  • 10 points: Read a book that has a (mostly) orange cover - The Sentry by Robert Crais
  • 15 points: Read a book with an unlikeable character - Tampa by Alissa Nutting
  • 20 points: Read a book from the list of 100 books that PBS calls “The Great American Read” - TBD
  • 20 points: Read a book with something related to water in the title; i.e. ocean, sea, lake, river, waves, etc. - The Flood Girls by Richard Fitfield
  • 25 points: Read a book you’ve owned the longest but haven’t read yet - The Scarecrow by Michael Connelly
  • 30 points: Read a book with an emotion word in the title; i.e. joy, sadness, grief, love, anger, etc. - Every Anxious Wave by Mo Daviau
  • 30 points: Read a book (must be at least 2 words in the title) where each word in the title of the book begins with the same letter - Finding Frasier by KC Dyer
  • 35 points: Read a book featuring a character who shares your profession or similar one (Speech Pathologist) - The King’s Speech by Mark Logue and Peter Conradi 

13 comments:

  1. Well done on the weight loss.
    I hope your 2nd bedroom is finished soon.

    HA... that maid thing is funny. And also true for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel you on construction messes.

    I assumed I'd be more on top of the maid thing once I wasn't working an 8-4 job. Not the case.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on getting through your weight plateau. I know how that is. I've gained some weight back this summer, so this month and next I'm really buckling down and trying to figure out better foods to eat and just be more active. I mean, I want to continue this into the future, but I'd like to see some significant weight loss in the next couple months if I can because that's always the best motivator, right?

    HAH! Love the maid meme. So true.

    Sorry about Erin's Challenge, but it's okay! Sometimes it just doesn't work out. Have you thought about finding new books for certain categories?

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's been a long, hard struggle breaking through that plateau. RE: Erin's Challenge - thanks. In the grand scheme of things, it's not a big deal. It'll just be the first one that I've not completed EVER. My lackluster performance isn't so much about the books I've chosen, but rather about an overall lack of interest in books as of late. I mean, I still listen to audiobooks during my commute, but my commute is 1/3 shorter than it used to be and often there are days when I get in the car and am perfectly content to listen to the radio. I still listen to audiobooks when I walk, but there have been many days this summer when I've preferred to listen to music instead. Part of me is bothered by this because I've been a higher volume reader for several years, but then there's another part of me that is like, "Who cares? This is not a big deal." Over the course of my life, my reading has always been very ebb and flow-ish. I'm just in an ebb portion at the moment and that's ok.

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous sunrise shot!

    I hate living through construction. It is hard for me to exist in chaos even for a short period of time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My arrival time at work the past 2 weeks has been perfect!

      Delete
  5. oy i feel you on the renovation. it's so frustrating. we planned to do the kitchen and bathrooms roughly at the same time and then changed our minds, i'm so glad because just the kitchen made me want to tear my hair out. i'm still not ready to move on to something else big lol. hope it rains this weekend for you! i'd be okay with that. i want to do nothing this weekend lol.
    i'm nowhere near finishing erin's challenge. each time i tell myself i will, but... life. other books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! You know exactly what I'm talking about then (re: renovation mess and such)! I'm worn out just from dealing with the dust and clutter and everything being out of place. LOL! Thanks (re: rain)! My reason is pretty petty, but none-the-less is't mine and valid. We'll see if the rain gods help me out.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you! My arrival time at work has been almost perfect the past two weeks in terms of sunrise viewing.

      Delete
  7. Thank you for your recent visit to my blog … I like your post very much - the structure of it, the variety, the humor. Your profile also appealed to me - I think we have some things in common - I will be back!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...