Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday: Books on My Fall TBR

It's no secret that I haven't been reading the quantity of books that I used to read a year or so ago.  So, having said that, as I comprised my list of books to include on my Fall TBR, I did so knowing good and well that I will probably not read all of them before winter sets in.  But, just in case I get a wild hair or something, here are my picks.

Native Tongue by Carl Hiaasen


I have this thing about reading Carl Hiaasen books when I'm on fall break, so I'm planning to read this one next month.

The Flood Girls by Richard Fifield


This is a book I selected for a current book challenge I'm participating in.  

The Sentry by Robert Crais


It's been a while since I read the previous Elvis Cole/Joe Pike book and I must admit that I've missed them.

Us Against You by Fredrik Backman


I loved Beartown, so I have high hopes for this sequel.

One of Us is Lying by Karen M. McManus


I've read too many reviews about his book that have peaked my curiosity.  It's time to give it a whirl.

The Atomic City Girls by Janet Beard


My mom read this book earlier this year and she thought I'd like it.  So, I'm going to give it a go.

Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes


Not sure how this book landed on my radar, but it did.  It's different from books I've read lately, so the diversity will be nice.

Becoming a Son by David Labrava


I just finished watching the entire series of Sons of Anarchy for the second time.  This author was an actor on the show and a real life Hells Angel.  I'm curious as to what he has to say.

Puddin' by Julie Murphy


I LOVED the prequel to this book, Dumplin', so I have high hopes for this one.

Reaper's Fire by Joanna Wylde

I get a hankering for romance novels that feature men on Harley's from time to time.  Having rewatched SOA in its entirety, I'm definitely in the mood.

~~~

What are some books that you plan to read this fall?


Linking up with:

    Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. 

    18 comments:

    1. Oh yes, Flowers for Algernon. I remember crying over that one.

      ReplyDelete
    2. I read a little of Flowers for Algernon back in school but never the full book. I also want to read One of Us Is Lying.

      -Lauren
      www.shootingstarsmag.net

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I'll be interested to hear your thoughts on One of Us Is Lying.

        Delete
    3. That Hell's Angel books looks interesting and I STILL need to read Flowers for Algernon. Hope you make time for at least a few from your list!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I think I'll be able to get to some of them. If I don't (before winter comes), no biggie. I'll get to them eventually. Thanks!

        Delete
    4. Get ready to mist up at Flowers for Algernon. It's a great book, but it's a heartstring-puller!

      ReplyDelete
    5. The Atomic City Girls sounds interesting. I'll have to check it out! Here is our Top Ten Tuesday

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. My mom really liked it and she's usually a good judge of whether I'll like something or not. Thanks for stopping by!

        Delete
    6. I didn't find One of Us Is Lying quite as exciting as I'd hoped-I hope you enjoy it more!
      My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2018/09/18/top-ten-tuesday-177/

      ReplyDelete
    7. I LOVE the 'wild hair' saying! :D It's a favorite for sure! Happy Tuesday!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Trust me, it's gonna take a big ol, crazy wild hair to get me to plow through 10 books before winter at the pace I've been keeping lately. LOL!

        Delete
    8. I haven't read any of these but I've been plowing through my TBR list on Goodreads, just to whittle it down.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I've put a hold on adding any more books to my Goodreads TBR. I was getting a list so long that I'd never get through it! LOL!

        Delete
    9. Some of these books on your list have grabbed my interest. I did read Sentry, love Elvis Cole and Joe Pike even more.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I LOVE Elvis and Joe, too! I've been taking my time reading my way through the series for several years now.

        Delete

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...