Thursday, October 4, 2018

Currently... (Vol. 32)


Counting...  down the days until Fall Break - 6! 

Loving...  let me say that again - LOVING - my newly renovated office/art room! It's still pretty bare, but I must admit that I'm enjoying the minimalism.






Thanking...  my husband, R, for all the time, effort, and energy he put into renovating the two bedrooms.  He did a great job!

Recommending...  Command Picture Hanging Strips and Command Canvas Hangers.  After seeing all the hard work R put into fixing the walls, I really hated the thought of scarring them with nail holes.

Ecstatic...  to have my house cleaned up and back in order after two months of construction and disarray.

Celebrating...  10.3 lbs. lost in the two months since I began 5:2 intermittent fasting and a grand total of 42 lbs. since I began this quest two years ago!



Thankful...  that I'm on track to finish up my report cards today.

Absolutely, friggin' ecstatic...  that September is history.  Adios!  Good riddance!  Sayonara! Bye, Felicia!  

There are always some months that are harder than others in my field, months that just suck the ever-loving' life out of you.  May is one of those months because of the numerous deadlines and end of the year tasks that must be completed before the last day of school.  In my nearly 19 years as a school based speech pathologist, September has never, ever been one of those months...  Until this year, that is.  In addition to the 15 ARC meetings I had, which are essentially meetings with parents regarding speech and/or special education in some capacity, I had 9 other miscellaneous meetings and trainings for a grand total of 24 meetings in 19 work days.  I am meeting-ed OUT! 

Confessing...  that I have a teensy addiction to Shop Local Kentucky t-shirts.  I think I may need an intervention.



Reading Listening to...  the audiobook The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas.


Taking...  a break from Erin's Book Challenge to listen to The Hate U Give.  It's not a book that I had on my original list and it doesn't meet any of the categories I still need to fill (see below).  I starting listening to it last week in celebration of Banned Books Week.

Retracting...  my MoviePass recommendation.  When I first got MoviePass back in January, it was FANTASTIC!  My husband and I saw five movies the first month.  But, as I suspected, the potential of seeing one movie per day for the low-low monthly price of $10 was just too good to last.  About a week or two after I published my recommendation, MoviePass made some radical changes and many of them have alienated me and made it extremely difficult to actually see the movie I want to see when and where I want to see it.  I need to see one movie sometime in October to break even, but after that, both my husband and I are thinking of deactivating our accounts.

Agreeing...  with this:




September in a snapshot:

1) The last of the chicory, in a parade with work peeps, sunrise as viewed from my parking spot
2) Me @ 40 pounds lost!, doing fast speech in the hallway at school, new outdoor lights
3) I stumbled upon a car show, my punkin' is my co-pilot, my attempt to see the fossil bed at
the Falls of the Ohio, but they were completely covered up with high water from Hurricane Florence

What have you been up to lately?



Linking up with:




Book Challenge by Erin 9.0 Progress to Date (80 points, 4/10 books):

  • 5 points: Freebie (A book that is at least 200 pages) - The Midnight Plan of the Repo Man by W. Bruce Cameron.
  • 10 points: Read a book that starts with the letter “N” - Native Tongue by Carl Hiaasen
  • 10 points: Read a book that has a (mostly) orange cover - The Sentry by Robert Crais
  • 15 points: Read a book with an unlikeable character - Tampa by Alissa Nutting
  • 20 points: Read a book from the list of 100 books that PBS calls “The Great American Read” - TBD
  • 20 points: Read a book with something related to water in the title; i.e. ocean, sea, lake, river, waves, etc. - The Flood Girls by Richard Fitfield
  • 25 points: Read a book you’ve owned the longest but haven’t read yet - The Scarecrow by Michael Connelly
  • 30 points: Read a book with an emotion word in the title; i.e. joy, sadness, grief, love, anger, etc. - Every Anxious Wave by Mo Daviau
  • 30 points: Read a book (must be at least 2 words in the title) where each word in the title of the book begins with the same letter - Finding Frasier by KC Dyer
  • 35 points: Read a book featuring a character who shares your profession or similar one (Speech Pathologist) - The King’s Speech by Mark Logue and Peter Conradi 

15 comments:

  1. I'm glad September is past you now- hopefully October will be less stressful. I was curious about Movie Pass in the beginning, but I'm glad I didn't get it because they have definitely made it a lot harder to use. Some theaters are doing their own type of thing though, which is cool if you normally go there, like Cinemark and AMC. I tend to go to Regal more though so we'll see if they ever come out with something! I still need to read The Hate U Give so I can go see the movie later this month. Hope you're enjoying! Congrats on your weight loss. That's awesome. I'm ALMOST two years into my journey and I've lost about the same too - I'm trying to do better at the moment though as it's been a bit up and down and I still want to lose more! LOVE those KY shirts. Too fun.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! October (so far) has been crazy busy, too (it's report card time), but there is an end in sight! I just have to have patience and stay the course. I am liking The Hate U Give, I've just not had as much time to listen to it as I would like. Late evenings at work just zap me. Keep fighting the good fight (weight loss journey)!

      Delete
  2. I think you might have a tshirt addiction period lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love quirky t-shirts with a local theme! I see no problem here. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Thanks! The best thing about them is that I can wear them to work, too!

      Delete
  4. I loved MoviePass until this last couple of months. The changes they've made completely did away with why I liked the program. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm frustrated with them. This is probably the end of the line for me.

      Delete
  5. Yay for fall break! But ugh to the meetings and report cards. That push at the end of a marking period is unreal.

    I just finished The Hate U Give too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fall Break is about a week later than it normal is... and we're all feeling it. It can't get here soon enough. I agree, it's insane.

      Delete
  6. I don't blame you on the t-shirts. Kentucky just has a nice shape to it! I think Michigan is another one of those states with a nice shape. :P (I've lived in both Michigan and Kentucky).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! You're right, Kentucky's shape is nice and it's unique enough to where it can look like many other things... like a popsicle with a bite taken out of it! LOL! I'm fortunate that I can wear these to work!

      Delete
  7. oooh i want some kentucky shirts. congrats on the 10.3 lbs in two months since you've been fasting!
    oh that sucks about moviepass! i never signed up but i kept it in the back of my mind from your recommendation... lame.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The store where I get the shirts have a ton of different ones and the shirts are super soft and wash up really well. Yeah, MoviePass is really lame as of late. Not sure if they can redeem themselves with me or not.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...