Monday, October 15, 2018

Things I Miss


The clear gloves that used to come in my hair coloring kit (they were thicker and stayed on better than the current ones)

The days when I didn't have to color my hair every 3-4 weeks

Multiple checkout locations in J. C. Penney's, Macy's, and Kohl's

Employees at the above named stores who were assigned to certain sections and there to assist if needed

Christmas catalogs

My paternal grandmother, who passed away twelve years ago

Several of my friends whom I used to work with at my previous school

Corn (I love it, but it hates me and therefore we had to breakup)

West Virginia

My husband's red hair (It's graying, too)

My best friend, whom I don't get to see very often

A president who possesses basic etiquette, manners, and an above average vocabulary

Real concert tickets, not these crappy print at home things we have now

The days when boarding an airplane was a piece of cake

Bob Costas hosting the Olympics

My family who all live five and a half hours away in WV

When MTV and VH1 actually played music videos

The Wal Mart I used to stop at on my way home from work (which closed for some reason)


What's something that you miss?


As always, thanks for stopping by!


Linking up with:



8 comments:

  1. Ha! I miss better hair-color gloves too. I wish I wouldn't have wasted time coloring my hair before I was grey. I miss my parents most of all. And having a bff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I, sadly, starting to gray when I was around 28. For a few years, I was able to use semi-permanent/wash-out color or disguise the gray with highlights. By my mid-30s, however, I had to start coloring every 4-6 weeks.

      Parents and BFF are definitely two biggies. Sending light your way.

      Delete
  2. i miss jim mckay hosting the olympics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't recognize his name at first, but once I googled him, I remembered him. I'm not sure I remember him from any Olympics, though. I'm guessing 70s and 80s?

      Delete
  3. I can relate to many of your thoughts, Ericka. I would add that I miss my man, the love of my life. He's been gone for over 2 years now. Miss him every day. Visiting from Good Random Fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still miss the Target I used to go to in Alaska. It's weird, how little things can be remembered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I could've added several more items to my list, but decided I needed to cap it at a reasonable amount. LOL!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...