Thursday, November 1, 2018

Currently... (Vol. 33)


Celebrating...  my one year anniversary at Simpsonville Elementary School (today)!  It's a little hard to believe that I've been here an entire year already.

Missing...  the Florida Keys.  R and I had a such a great time there two weeks ago.  I'm already to go back!

Thankful...  that the evening hours spent at my school's Fall and Spring Project Based Learning Exhibition nights will count towards the professional development quota I have to achieve each year.  This means I don't have to work on Election Day!

Reading Listening to...  the audiobook Native Tongue by Carl Hiaasen.


Looking...  forward to seeing Joe Bonamassa in concert later this month.

Shopping...  for nothing.  I'm on a self-imposed spending freeze for the month of November.

Growing...  impatient to get my half of the garage back.  Currently, my stepdaughter's old bedroom furniture is occupying the space where I park.  

Hating...  my haircut.  The stylist cut it a lot shorter than what  I wanted.

Thankful...  for the two week Fall Break I had last month.  Going into the break, I was...  spent.  Honestly, and only fellow educators might understand this, I felt "end of the year tired," but I was only one quarter into the school year.  The break was a timely, much-needed respite that allowed me to rest, nourish my soul, and form a strategy for the remainder of the year.

Saying...  no to unnecessary meetings and obligations.  As I mentioned last month and in a separate post, September was soul sucking and much of it was due to the large amount of meetings I had.  Looking back, some were meetings just for the sake of meeting which is a time thief.  

Reminding...  everyone to turn their clocks back this weekend. 


Agreeing...  with this meme:



October in a snapshot:

1) One of the Twin Spires at Churchill Downs during Horses & Haunts Tour,
watching Aladdin, Hermit Crab at Dry Tortugas National Park.
2) Touring Fort Jefferson at Dry Tortugas NP, cat at Hemingway's House,
sunset as viewed from Long Key, FL.
3) Snorkeling in Key Largo, Jack-O-Lantern Spectacular,
hand-cut stone at Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum



What have you been up to lately?




Linking up with:


12 comments:

  1. Ugh, not looking forward to early sunsets and dark mornings. That FL sunset is gorgeous and a lot of people miss FL when they leave, I'm sure that's why a lot of people move here. Sorry about your haircut, maybe look at increasing your collagen or something to help it grow faster!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fully understand why people winter in FL. Here in the Ohio Valley, our winters are characterized by an abundance of gray. I might become one of those FL Snowbirds when I retire.

      Delete
  2. I'm so excited to turn the clocks back this weekend! I love the extra sleep before church :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree the additional hour of sleep is nice on Sunday and I will enjoy the brief lighter mornings (while they last), but the getting dark so early does tend to bother me more as I get older.

      Delete
  3. I'm happy for an extra hour of sleep on Sunday, but yeah, getting dark super early is not fun. I feel like I leave work and it's time for bed already! Congrats on your one-year anniversary at work. I'm glad you were able to rest up some on your Fall Break and yay for not having to work on Election Day!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh no, your hair! that is the worst. my bestie is my hair stylist and even though i trust her, i always forget to tell her a bit longer than i ask for, because she always cuts it shorter than i intended. i guess it's a good thing it grows, but it's frustrating! i always forget about the clocks so thanks for the reminder :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope this term is easier and not so many meetings. I love the extra hour of sleep but hate the darker mornings and evenings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the idea of gaining an hour on Sunday, but I do not like that time change means that it gets dark even earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It really is so depressing with the time change, but I do enjoy the extra sleep for that one day! And we're on self imposed no spend budgets too! It sucks, but needs to happen before the chaos of Christmas starts.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...