Monday, November 14, 2016

75

In the middle of Huntington, West Virginia, there is a river. Next to this river, there is a steel mill. And next to the steel mill, there is a school. In the middle of this school, there is a fountain. 


Each year, on the exact same day, at the exact same hour, the water to this fountain is turned off. 


And in this moment, once every year, throughout the town, throughout the school, time stands still.


Remembering the seventy-five Marshall University football players, coaches, boosters, and flight crew of Southern Airways flight 932 who perished on November 14, 1970.



WE ARE...  MARSHALL!




7 comments:

  1. What a nice memorial. Did you go to Marshall?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Yes, I am a proud daughter of Marshall University.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was an awful loss. I'm sure the families appreciate that they are remembered every year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they are. I think the town continues to be very appreciative they have never been forgotten.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. If you haven't seen it and ever get the chance, I'd recommend watching the Matthew McConaughey movie, We Are Marshall.

      Delete
  5. I admit that the reason I know of this tragedy was that I saw the movie. I think it is a wonderful tribute for you to acknowledge the loss, and I'm sure you take some time to think of the victims, lives lost, and their families. My own university had a tragedy of their own that I have a post planned for it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...