Monday, June 25, 2018

Add It To My List... (Vol. 3)


I've only participated in this link-up a few times.  You see, I rarely try new things in terms of products (beauty, hygiene, household, etc) because I have a tendency to stay with the tried and true products that I've used for years.  Every now and then, however, I stumble upon something new that is "wow-worthy" and I'll recommend it.

Today, I have one recommendation and it will only apply if you like to see movies in the theater - MoviePass


My husband loves to see movies in the theater.  Up until a few months go, before we "cut the cable" on our satellite and starting streaming, we had a hellacious satellite bill.  With movie tickets averaging around $10 a ticket, it was hard for me to justify going to the movies while paying a small fortune every month for every movie channel known to man.  My thinking was this - unless a movie was one that my husband or I really, really, really wanted to see in the theater, we'd just wait for it to come out on HBO.  On average, we would usually see 3-4 movies in the theater a year.  All that changed when he and I signed up for MoviePass.

So far this year I've seen 10 movies and it has only cost me approximately $10 a month.  My subscription allows me to see one regular movie a day (IMAX and 3D movies are excluded).  *Changes apparently are coming in July that will apply to hot, new films.  This was just announced last week, so I'm not sure how much it will impact me.

The process is easy.  You join online, they send you a card, and you activate it via the app.  When you want to see a movie, you go to the theater and "check in" using the MoviePass app.  That basically "preloads" the money onto you MoviePass card (that in turn acts like a debit card).  You go in and buy your ticket using a kiosk.  Voila!

Granted, MoviePass will only save you money if you like to see movies in the theater.  If you're not much of a movie person, then you probably wouldn't get your money's worth out of the service.


Anyone else out there use MoviePass?  Like it?  Hate it?


*I should mention that I am not receiving compensation from MoviePass for this blog post.    




(Maybe) linking up with (bc I'm not sure if they are hosting this linkup anymore):



4 comments:

  1. I don't only recommend new products - I recommend things I've used for years too! I also think in recommendations in terms of doing things (how/why), making things (recipes, usually), pet care, etc.

    I rarely go to the movies - some of it is the cost but most of it is just no desire. We used to see a ton of movies in the theater when we were younger. Mostly to get out of houses that weren't ours. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cost of movies is crazy. LOL! I completely understand the getting out of the house (that isn't yours). My husband and I have a tendency to watch more movies in the winter when there's not a lot of other things to do.

      Delete
  2. I briefly considered this, but then I was thinking I wouldn't have enough time to get to the movies since our weekends are pretty unpredictable. I think, from what I've read/heard, it'll only be a matter of time before they go bankrupt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When my husband and I first got it, I thought the same thing - how long can they keep this up and not go under. I'm not sure how they are making it, for they've lost money on both my husband and I. I guess people who sign up and don't use it (like gym memberships) are offsetting the costs of those of us who are using it. Time will tell. Until then, I'm making the most of it! LOL!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...