Thursday, September 5, 2019

Currently... (Vol. 43)


Back...  to work after the longest summer break of my life.

Grateful...  for all the opportunities, opportunities for rest, reflection, and rejuvenation, that this extended summer break provided.

Happy...  to report that I survived the Rugged Maniac (mud obstacle course race) last weekend with no broken bones!  I am, however, sporting a lovely shiner on my left eye...

Admitting...  that the 3.1 mile course filled with 25 obstacles was TOUGH and definitely not for the faint of heart.

Loving...  my new room at work!  For the first time ever in my nearly 20-year career, I have a room with a window that actually looks outside!  (For the past two years, the room I was in had windows, but they looked into the copier room...  LOL!)

Looking forward...  to all things autumn: crisp, chilly mornings; the changing foliage; long evening shadows; R's chili; cool walks in the park; apples, apples, and more apples; and the sound of college football on TV.

Watching...  The Affair on Showtime.  Last week I watched season 3 and 4 to get caught up.

Behind...  on watching Yellowstone.

Reading Listening to...  the audiobook Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children.



Laughing...  at this:



Agreeing...  with this:





August in a Snapshot:


1) With my mom at the WV State Fair, so excited about my WINDOW in my new room,
R and I loved this soda that we discovered in Maine!
2) Acadia NP coastline, blueberry pancakes with real Maine blueberries, 

sunrise on top of Cadillac Mountain.
3) I finally lost my toenail, I finished the 175-Mile Summer Challenge, three Rugged Maniacs!



What have you been up to lately?



Linking up with:



8 comments:

  1. lol @ your previous windows, i'm glad you have real outside windows now! hmm can't wait for your thoughts on the miss peregrine's book. omg that ub40 thing made me laugh. those blueberry pancakes look SO GOOD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the previous windows... what a tease. Once upon a time, they looked into a courtyard, but the courtyard was converted into a teacher workroom some years ago. That's why the windows look into the workroom. The blueberry pancakes were probably the best I've ever had!

      Delete
  2. You've been busy! Well done on your achievements and yay for a room with a view!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been fairly busy. LOL! It's been a good mix of doing and not doing. Thanks!

      Delete
  3. A classroom/office with good windows is hard to find!

    Glad you got to RELAX this summer :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was able to chill and relax this summer, which was very nice and much needed. Yes, I'm so very happy about the windows and am appreciating them while I have them (for I could be moved next year).

      Delete
  4. Apples! I was thinking about them this morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always look forward to apple season! The apples of summer have been rather tasteless.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...