I was supposed to submit a preliminary list of books on June 21 when the challenge officially started, but since I am late to the challenge, my list is late as well. Better late than never, right?
- A young adult (YA) book - Looking for Alaska by John Green
- A book written by a non US author - A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman (he is Swedish)
- A book recommended by a blogger/Goodreader etc. - Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris (recommended by Jen on Goodreads)
- Book that has been on my TBR (to be read) list for at least a year - Bluegrass Baby by Molly Harper
- Book with a kickass female character - Fear Nothing by Lisa Gardner (Detective D.D. Warren is super kickass)
- Book that has been/will be made into a movie or TV show - Paper Towns by John Green
- Book written by a comedian or celebrity - My Mother was Nuts by Penny Marshall
- A one word title book - Grey by E. L. James
- A suspenseful book - The River is Dark by Joe Hart
- A book about summer - The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han
*Disclaimer - this is truly a preliminary list and is subject to change.
My first check-in for this challenge is July 21.