Monday, July 13, 2015

Literary Ladies Summer Book Challenge

Not sure what's gotten into me lately, but I've decided to participate in a second summer reading book challenge.  This one is being hosted by three book lovin', blogging friends whose names all start with the letter K.  They call themselves the Literary Ladies.  (They also sponsor/host monthly book club reviews.)



I was supposed to submit a preliminary list of books on June 21 when the challenge officially started, but since I am late to the challenge, my list is late as well.  Better late than never, right?

  1. A young adult (YA) book - Looking for Alaska by John Green
  2. A book written by a non US author - A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman (he is Swedish)
  3. A book recommended by a blogger/Goodreader etc. - Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris (recommended by Jen on Goodreads)
  4. Book that has been on my TBR (to be read) list for at least a year - Bluegrass Baby by Molly  Harper
  5. Book with a kickass female character - Fear Nothing by Lisa Gardner (Detective D.D. Warren is super kickass)
  6. Book that has been/will be made into a movie or TV show - Paper Towns by John Green
  7. Book written by a comedian or celebrity - My Mother was Nuts by Penny Marshall
  8. A one word title book - Grey by E. L. James
  9. A suspenseful book - The River is Dark by Joe Hart
  10. A book about summer - The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han

*Disclaimer - this is truly a preliminary list and is subject to change.

My first check-in for this challenge is July 21.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...