Wednesday, July 1, 2015

#SCSBC15 July 1 Check-in



My first check-in for the Semi-Charmed Summer 2015 Book Challenge is today.  Here are the books I have read so far and the points I have accumulated:

15 points: A book by an author who is completely new to you.

Wicked Ties by Shayla Black 
(341 pg, 3/5 rating, completed 5.13.15)

25 points: A book that is part of a series with at least four books.
The Last Detective by Robert Crais 
(337 pg, 4/5 rating, Elvis Cole/Joe Pike series, completed 6.2.15)

5 points: Freebie! 
The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain 
(225 pg, 2/5 rating, completed 6.5.15)

25 points: A book that is 500+ pages long.
Outlander by Diana Gabaldon 
(850 pg, 5/5 rating, 2nd reading, completed 6.20.15)

15 points: A book by an author you have read before. 
*No re-reads!
Grey by E. L. James 
(576 pg, 3/5 rating, completed 6.26.15)

20 points: A book with name of a real city/state/country in title.
Looking for Alaska by John Green 
(221 pg, 3/5 rating, completed 6.29.15)

30 points: A book with an alliterative title

*All words in title must begin with the same letter.
Explosive Eighteen by Janet Evanovich
(305 pg, 2/5 rating, completed 6.30.15)

May Points – 15
June Points – 120
TOTAL Points – 135

Not too shabby, if I do say so myself.  Luckily for me, I was able to go back and count one of the books I read in May since it met the basic rules and corresponded to the "author new to me" category of the challenge.  Here are the remaining categories that I have not yet fulfilled:


10 points: A book you have never heard of before 

10 points: A book that has been on your TBR list for at least two years
10 points: A book that won a Goodreads “Best Book” award in 2014 
15 points: A book with "light" or "dark" in the title 
20 points: A book with an animal on the cover

So far, I'm not sure what my thoughts are about participating in a structured reading challenge such as this.  This is my first experience and I am cautious not to formulate an opinion until the challenge is over.  So, more on that later...




2 comments:

  1. I'd definitely be interested to hear your thoughts once it's over! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for the delay in my response. I am still figuring out blogger and all its features. I didn't realize you had commented until earlier this morning. (Thank you, by the way, as you were my first "commenter.")

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...