Thursday, February 2, 2017

Currently... (Vol. 13)



Celebrating...  my birthday all month long!  I'm not typically one to do that kind of thing, but after the crazy past 6-7 months that I've had, I figure - what the hell?

Enjoying...  the company of many friends this week.  On Tuesday, my "Kentucky surrogate mother," one of the two ladies I first met when I moved here 17 years ago, hosted what has become my traditional crockpot lasagna birthday dinner.  Several of our other close friends came as well.  We laughed so hard at times, that we actually cried!  Last night, I had dinner with three of the ladies that I used to carpool with for several years.  We all work in different districts and schools now, so we only get to see each other during our monthly "carpool dinners."  It was great to see them.

Longing for...  the sun.  This perpetual grayness here in the Ohio Valley is the absolute pits.

Watching...  Oscar nominated movies.  This has become the January and February thing to do for my husband and I the last 2 years or so.

Having...  deep conversations about life, love, aging, weight loss, and renewal with friends.

Shopping...  for new clothes.  This will be an ongoing saga in the upcoming months, by the way.  I currently only have 2 pairs of work pants and only 1 pair of jeans that are not falling off me.  As for my work shirts, well...  I'm swimming in them, but I'm just making do for the time being because replacing an entire wardrobe is $$$.

Cleaning out...  my closet, drawers, and under bed storage containers and getting rid of clothes that are too big.  There's no reason to keep them around.  All they do is provide a safety net in the event that I gain weight (which isn't smart) and more than that, they take up space.

Avoiding...  Facebook.  I have read some of the most hateful and narrow-minded stuff lately.  I have also witnessed some of my same age peers reverting to behaviors that are more commonly seen among teenagers, which is quite pathetic.  I hate seeing people reduce themselves to this.  I've decided it's just best to not be a witness to this debacle.

Continuing...  to walk 3-4 times a week - indoors, outdoors, rain, shine, warm, or cold.

Reading (well, listening to)...  the audiobooks Fat Chance by Nick Spalding and This is Where It Ends by Marieke Nijkamp.  Yes!  I'm two-timing it.  This is Where It Ends has some heavy content.  I have to take turns listening to something a little lighter.

Looking...  forward to my birthday later this month.  More specifically, I'm looking forward to the personal day I'm taking on my birthday.

Dreading...  attending the KSHA conference (a conference for speech pathologists her win Kentucky) later this month.  I really despise attending this thing.

Highly anticipating...  seeing my best friend C in about 4 weeks!  I haven't seen her since August.

Struggling...  to break through this weight loss plateau that I hit the second week of January.  I lost 1.8 lbs. between January 1 and 7; however, I've only lost 0.7 lbs. since then (3.5 weeks).  

Brainstorming... something "adventurous" to do this winter.  Any suggestions?


So, what have  you been up to lately?  Have a very happy Thursday!


Linking up with:
 &

What's New With You

15 comments:

  1. Glad you are getting rid of the safety net you don't need it . I have been talking with a great friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed with all your walking! I only seem to manage it on weekends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kudos on the exercise and just remember those weight loss plateaus are bound to happen. Just keep doing what you're doing.
    Good to find your blog via the link-up and I'll be following your blog and social media now to stay in touch.
    https://runwright.net/2017/01/31/january-2017-goal-check-in/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm avoiding people because of their teenage behaviors lately but am keeping an eye on their facebooks to see if they post anything stupid about me avoiding them. People just need to grow up!

    Stopping by from the link up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I celebrate my birthday all month and I love it. Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel birthday months should be a requirement! :D This year I'm seriously focused on getting healthy and I cannot wait until clothes hang on me. And I wholeheartedly agree that you have to get rid of your old clothes because it makes way too easy to slip up. I only go on facebook to post in Erin's Book Challenge Group because I just can't with all the stupidity right now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm celebrating my birthday all month as well! i did it last year and it was so fun. your carpool dinners sound great - how awesome that you all still get together. i have been avoiding facebook as well for the same reason. most of my 'friends' on FB are family at home, and they post some really stupid stuff because they're not actually having to live with it, you know? it annoys me. so i stay away.
    i considered taking a personal day on my birthday but it's on a sunday so... oh well lol.
    i don't know where you live or what you consider adventurous lol but i've been thinking about shaking things up and there are a few things on groupon right now for my area, including kickboxing classes and i think i might do it. i'm scared though! haha. that's adventurous for me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've deleted facebook and twitter for that exact reason. Can't stand all the fighting on both sides. Everyone's just so angry and yelling at eachother. It's awful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I keep two tubs of old clothes. I have no idea why.
    I'm thinking of trying Stitchfix again..I put it on hold after November but I really do wear the clothes I get from there.
    I haven't bought new clothes since mid-December. Maybe I should start browsing...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hear you on the gray-ness. I feel like I've seen sun and blue sky about twice since Thanksgiving! Yuck.

    I deleted my facebook back in November and I haven't looked back! It was not enjoyable for me anymore so I said see ya! I highly recommend it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday Month! that's awesome you're taking a personal day on your actual birthday. :) You live in KY? Me too! I have a friend who is a speech pathologist too! Hope the conference isn't too bad.

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've told you more than once that you've inspired me. I've been walking too. I've gotten past the feeling of being bummed at how out of shape I am and moved to the more positive feeling that I'm glad I'm out doing something about it!
    Those types of conversations that you list are always good when they are shared with the right people.
    You mention wanting to do something "adventurous". That's such a wide-ranging term. I like adventures. I have a girlfriend who for the last couple of years has challenged herself to "do something new" every month. She's done all sorts of things, some big, some small. She'd never gone to the movies solo, so she took herself to the movies. She volunteered at a food bank. She looked up her local animal shelter, and they had a "wishlist" of items that they needed for donations. She checked off items that she could donate. I just like the idea of it, so I thought I'd share...and it can be turned into something adventurous.
    Enjoy your birthday month!

    ReplyDelete
  13. also, currently... you are rocking e-man's contest. yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true! I'm still quite surprised! I thought your experience (Rockin' Rollercoaster, right?) was awesome!

      Delete
  14. MONTH LONG BDAY CELEBRATIONS!!!! i 100% support that. i did that when i turned 40 and wondered why the hell i waited SO LONG to do that! now it's a yearly thing :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...