Thursday, February 23, 2017

Stuff Kids Say


During my 17 years as a public school speech pathologist, I've heard a lot of funny things come out of the mouths of babes.  Here are some of my favorites:


Kid:  (after trying unsuccessfully to say spaghetti) I just can't say it.  It's constipated.
Me:  I think you mean complicated.


Me:  (while reading a prompt to a student during a math state assessment) How many inches are in a foot?
Kid:  (hikes foot up on knee, looks at bottom of shoe, and starts counting) 20?


Me:  (to a kid who is working on making his "s" sound)  Ok, your next word is sit. Use it in a sentence and say the sentence three times.
Kid:  Shit on the couch.  Shit on the couch.  Shit on the couch.
Me:  Alrighty then.


Kid:  Mrs. B, the reason I can't say my "s" right is because I'm part snake and snakes stick out their tongues when they talk.
Me:  Snakes don't talk.  Try again.


Kid:  Mrs. B, ah you shoowah I'm the one with the awah pwoblem, because I think I sound good. Maybe you have the awah pwoblem and you just don't know it.
Me:  Trust me, I'm sure.


Me:  What fell off of the bird? (while showing kid a picture of a feather and a bird)
Kid:  A leaf.
Me:  Leaves fall off trees, not birds.
Kid:  Are you sure?


Kid:  Do you know why I have to wear my jacket zipped up?



Me:  Because you're chilly?
Kid:  No, so the bulls won't charge me.


I hope you found some of these as entertaining as I did!  What's something funny you've heard a kid say?  Feel free to share.  As always, thanks for stopping by!


Linking up with:


7 comments:

  1. Hahaha funny things kids say never fail to put a smile on my face! Thanks for that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, kids say the best things. I especially love the leaves falling off birds :-D

    When my brother was little he used to say gravy-yard instead of graveyard. I always imagined all the dead people swimming in gravy :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are cute and funny you really never know what is going to come out of a kids mouth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh. I hear things every day. So many that I stopped keeping track lol.
    Lately, my conversations about Star Wars with one of my little friends have kept me entertained.

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha These are great. I love hearing all the crazy things my niece and nephew say (though really, mostly my niece - she's a riot).

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! I had one kid asked me “do you know why I wear my jacket zipped up?” When I said no he replied “it is mating season.” I just walked away.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...