Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Tuesday Topics - Seven (Most Unusual) Movie/TV Soundtracks/Scores That I Can Think Of

This week's Tuesday Topic is tough...  I mean, what exactly constitutes "unusual" when it comes to a soundtrack/score for a film or TV show?  I'm not really sure, but I'm sure the answer is - there is no right answer, there are just opinions.  

So, having said that, I chose songs that are unusual enough that I would easily know what show or movie they are from without question if I heard them, songs that are distinctive.  The only exceptions are the last two in which I chose soundtracks that have music that doesn't fit the time period (although it still worked in a weird way).

Seinfield Theme Song

Jaws Theme Song

Opening Song from The Twilight Zone

Opening Song from Breaking Bad

The Soundtrack from A Knight's Tale

What makes the soundtrack unusual is that the movie takes place in medieval times, but the songs used ("We Will Rock You," by Queen; "Takin' Care of Business," by BTO; and "The Boys are Back in Town," by Thin Lizzy, for example) clearly are not. 


Music from Moulin Rouge

The same can be said with the songs used in Moulin Rouge; the songs ("Lady Marmalade," "Rhythm of the Night," and "Your Song," for example) don't correspond with the time period.


Okay, okay...  I know what you're thinking, that's only six.  What can I say - I couldn't think of anymore!  Like I said earlier, this prompt was tough; this is the best I can do.  

Can you think of an unusual tv theme song or movie soundtrack that could've been my seventh selection? 

Linking up with Jenn:


Three Days, Three Quotes Challenge

Bev from Confuzzledom nominated me to participate in this challenge last week. I will gladly play along by adding the quotes to the bottom of the three posts I have scheduled for this week; I just won't nominate anyone.  Here is my quote for today:

"Every time you take one path, you must live with the memory of the other: of a life left unchosen. Decide as seems best, one course or the other; each way will have its bitter with its sweet." - The Girl in the Tower by Katherine Arden

4 comments:

  1. I love the True Blood theme and the Dexter one too. Oh, and Justified is super catchy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure I know them. I mean, I know the shows, but never watched them. I'll have to YouTube their theme songs.

      Delete
  2. I always thought the Frasier theme tune was really weird.... tossed salads and scrambled eggs. What? I was never a fan of the show though so maybe it all makes perfect sense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's an excellent suggestion! I forgot about that one and had to google it.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...