Thursday, January 4, 2018

Currently... (Vol. 24)


Freezing...  as is much of the country right now.

Wishing...  we'd get a good snow.  I mean, if it's going to be this cold, let's get a blanket of  the white stuff to go with it.  Just one good snow would be fine.

Starting...  the second half of the school year. It's still hard for me to believe that we're at the midway point.  The first semester went by in the blink of an eye.

Reading...  (well, listening to) the audiobook The Royal We by Heather Cocks and Jessica Morgan.

Rejoicing...  that I finished the majority of my report cards before Christmas break.    

Celebrating...  that I was able to reach Platinum level on my health/wellness incentive program (Go365) before the year ended.  By doing so, I earned the equivalent of $50 worth of gift cards!

Shopping...  for absolutely nothing.  Given that I've replaced nearly 75% of my wardrobe due to weight loss and with Christmas, I am shopped out and am currently on a spending freeze.

Loving...  the commemorative plate that several of my friends at my old school had made for me.  I am truly touched and blessed to have such great friends.



Dreading...  the perpetual grayness we here in the Ohio Valley experience every January and February which always gives me a case of the winter funk.

Taking...  mega doses of vitamin D to combat my winter funk and mega doses of vitamin C to (hopefully) ward off any illnesses.

Planning...  a trip to the national parks of Utah.

Researching...  hiking shoes and hiking poles for this trip out west.

Linking up...  with Kristen and Gretchen for their monthly installment of What's New With You.



Wondering...  what's new with you?  Feel free to share, don't be shy.

16 comments:

  1. OMG. As if her name isn't bad enough, she co-wrote a book called Messy.

    Anyway, cute plate. Congrats on the gift card.

    I watched an Amy Adams movie - Nocturnal Animals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ARIGATOU(Thank you so much!!)
    I hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday and a prosperous new year!
    On Japanese New Year ‘s customs;
    Adults put money in a special envelope and give it to children.
    This is called “otoshidama” and many children look forward to it very much!
    Ryoma.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your gift card wins! You worked hard for that!

    I have a National Parks/Utah trip planned but I think I am cancelling. I should save and not travel this year and hit it up next!

    I don't mind winter except for the lack of light and the gray.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on your wellness incentives! That's awesome. What a cute plate - your friends are all sorts of awesome. I'm with you on wanting at least one good snow. It's already freezing!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need that extra motivation. I know I should be active, I know I should eat better - but if someone wants to pay me a little extra, I will do all I can to be more active/eat better. It's a competition thing for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year! The plate is so cute.

    It's raining/windy here... and way too warm for January. Jan told me it was supposed to be a really snowy winter but so far I'm seeing no evidence of that...

    ReplyDelete
  7. i agree about the snow! we got the lightest dusting in random parts today, and even though i hate driving in the snow, i wouldn't mind at least 1 proper snow. plus if KC gets a snow day, he can drive me :) yay The Royal We! i hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe its already 2nd semester either! I am not ready for school to start Monday though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the platinum level! I had no idea programs like that existed. I think I need to investigate.

    Greyness is the worst thing about winter. I hope you find ways to survive!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Post-Christmas is definitely a good time for a bit of a shopping freeze! We're in one over here, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The perpetual grayness is depressing this time of year. I must say, I appreciate the constant sun in CO after two weeks of that.

    That plate is so sweet. And yes, midway through the year arrives very quickly it seems!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a pretty plate your friends made for you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...