Friday, March 1, 2019

What I Enjoyed in February - My Happy List (Vol. 6)


I've participated in this weekly linkup sporadically in the past, but never with any regularity.  Two weeks ago, I posted an entry about my word of year - enjoy.  After posting it, I decided that I should periodically "check-in" and share some of the things that have brought me enjoyment.  I don't plan on chronicling something everyday from here on out, but rather just a sampling that I'll share at the end of the month.

I enjoyed...

February 14 - ...tossing the confetti that a co-worker decorated my work table with around all day with my students.  We made a mess, but had a ball celebrating my birthday!

15 - ...the fruit basket I received at work (birthday present).  It contained the yummiest pears.


16 - ...listening to Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine during my somewhat chilly, but sunny 6-mile walk.  

17 - ...eating the rest of the chocolate dipped strawberries R gave me for Valentine's Day for breakfast.  Hey, they're fruit, right?!?  LOL!


18 - ...the deep tissue massage I got today.  It was nice...

19 - ...seeing a coworker (whom I used to work in the same building with many years ago) at an after school training.

20 - ...the glass of Blushing Monk I had with dinner.

21 - ...having drinks and a leisurely dinner with my speech path friends at the conference we attend every year.

22 - ...the two morning sessions I attended at the conference that focused on the effects of screen time on brain development in children.  Rarely can I ever say that I enjoyed a session.  There are many sessions in which I've learned a lot, but not necessarily enjoyed.

23 - ...the calm, quiet stillness of my home.  After being away at a conference for 2 1/2 days, I was in desperate need for some introvert recharging time.

24 - ...feeling the warm sun on my face after so many days of rain. 

25 - ...watching both the Bradley Cooper/Lady Gaga performance of "Shallow" and the NIKE "Dream Crazier" commercial from the Oscars ceremony last night (that I didn't see until today).  Both made my Monday much better.




26 - ...the new audiobook I started this afternoon during my walk - In Movement There is Peace: Stumbling 500 Miles Along the Way to the Spirit.

27 - ...watching the season finale of The Masked Singer.  Although I batted .000 in guessing any of the mystery singers, I still enjoyed the show.

28 - ...playing the picture version of Apples to Apples with my pragmatic/social language group.  Both boys are all working on using language to persuade and listening to them plead their cases (as to why their picture should be chosen as the best) was hilarious!


What have you enjoyed lately?  As always, thanks for stopping by.


Linking up with:

4 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...