Friday, March 29, 2019

My Happy List - What I Enjoyed in March (Vol. 7)


In keeping with my plan to periodically "check-in" and share some of the things that have brought me enjoyment, (ENJOY is my word of the year, after all), please allow me to share a sampling of the things that I enjoyed in March.

I enjoyed...

March 1 - the thrill of victory as my current school won a food drive challenge against my former school. Most importantly, both schools collected almost 9,000 non-perishable food items to donate to a local food pantry.  

March 5 - dinner out with my husband and his kids celebrating his daughter's 20th birthday. 

March 14 - having dinner with two of the ladies from my former carpool gang.  I'm so grateful that the unlikely friendship we forged so many years ago during our daily commutes has endured despite our work lives taking us in different directions.

March 17 - seeing the musical Get on Your Feet.

March 24 - the DQ Oreo Blizzard I treated myself to after having walked 11.6 miles the previous day.  I've had countless Blizzards in my lifetime, but that one was one of the best I've ever had.


March 28 - celebrating my grandparents' 68th anniversary! 

March 29 - the accidental hiatus I've taken from blogging during most of the month.  March 2019, so far, is the "quietest" month of blogging that I've had since I started back in 2015.  This hiatus wasn't planned either; I've just been very busy with... life.  During the few occasions when I found myself sitting down with my laptop to compose something, I had nothing.  <Cue crickets chirping>  One week without blogging rolled in to two and so on and instead of freaking out and forcing myself to publish something, anything, I decided to just go with it and let it be.  Even though this is going to sound funny coming from a blogger, even a small time blogger like myself, I truly enjoyed not blogging this month.  I do believe that the universe speaks to us if we are willing to listen.  Obviously, the universe knew I needed a break and I'm happy that I listened.


Have a wonderful weekend!

Linking up with:

7 comments:

  1. The universe does speak to us if we're willing to listen. I'm glad you enjoyed your month, good stuff for you here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Despite being busy with work and some other things, it was a good month. Happy (belated) Birthday to you!

      Delete
  2. Taking a hiatus is good for us every once in awhile! And so is ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good month and sometimes a break from blogging is a good thing - especially if we're busy living a good life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I was definitely busy, it wasn't necessarily a good/fun busy, but more like a necessity busy. I'm off on spring break right now, so it was all in preparation for this. It was worth it. :)

      Delete
  4. Hey Ericka, How's it going? Long time no see or speak, I hope you're doing well. Love that your current school was able to collect 9,000 items for the food drive. That's amazing and much appreciated, I'm sure.
    Love me some Blizzards. I used to love love love and only eat the oreo kind but I tried Skor one day and oh my goodness - HEAVEN. It's all about the simple things, isn't it?
    Good on you for listening to what you needed. :)

    Have a great week hun!
    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...