Tuesday, August 18, 2015

A Dog's Purpose - A Review

A Dog's Purpose by W. Bruce Cameron is a charming tale of dog who is given the unique gift of reincarnation.  With each new life, he draws upon all the knowledge and experiences of his previous lives and uses that information to fulfill his life's purpose. 

This book is a delightfully lighthearted, easy "read."  It was a perfect audiobook to listen to as I started the new school year because it didn't require much thought on my part.  It was pure and simple entertainment.  I enjoyed the dog's canine perspective on cars, being a "front seat dog," air conditioning, cats, school, skunks, vets, washing dishes, and other everyday aspects of life that we humans do not give much thought to. It made me wonder about the perceptions of my own dog.

A Dog's Purpose has some hilarious, laugh out loud moments as well as moments that tug on your heartstrings.  It is a book that I think most dog lovers will enjoy and appreciate.  

I give A Dog's Purpose ★★★★.


My rating system:
★★★★★ = Awesome!  Good chance I own a print copy!
★★★★ = Very good.
★★★ = Good.
★★ = Not good.  I finished it, but did not like.
★ = Absolutely loathed it!  I may not have even finished it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...