Earlier this month I completed the Semi-Charmed Summer Reading Challenge. Last week, I finished the Literary Ladies Summer Reading Challenge. So, I'm currently without a challenge and I feel that my reading is somewhat unfocused. I like the structure of reading challenges, because when I am participating in them I make reading a priority.
I stumbled upon this "readathon" yesterday and it looks fun enough, so I'm going to give it a whirl.
During the next 2 weeks (after I finish the book I'm currently reading), I will read the following books:
Two of them have been on my TBR list for at least a year and I've already purchased them on Audible, so they are essentially sitting on my virtual bookshelf collecting virtual dust. The other (Landline) is a book that everyone and their brother seems to have read this year with the exception of me. I think it's time to remedy that.
Yes, I know it's only three books and by many blogger/readers' standards that's a piddly little number. But, for me, especially now that I am back to work, three books in 14 days is a big deal. I know, I know, technically Breakfast at Tiffany's shouldn't even count as a full book given how short it is, but I don't care. It's still a book and this is, after all, my goal! :)
Week 1 Update/Summary (click here)
Week 2 Summary/Finale (click here)
- The Beat the Heat Readathon runs from August 24th at 12:00 AM to September 6th at 11:59 PM. What does this Readathon entail, you ask? Well, read as much or as little as you want – the main point is to READ! You set your own goal, and for two weeks you read as many books as you can/want to reach your goal!
- There will be mini-challenges throughout the Readathon for participants, along with a grand prize giveaway at the end!
- Sign up at Novel Heartbeat or over at Phantasmic Reads. You may join whenever you like, but to be eligible for our grand prize giveaway, you must sign up by August 28th.
- To join, all you have to do is make a sign-up post – even if it’s just a “Let’s do this!” thing – and add your post URL to the link. You can put your goals and progress (will be required for the final giveaway) in your sign-up post, or you can make it separate. Totally up to you! (You are welcome to use the template we provide in the kick-off post as well.)
- In order to enter for the grand prize, you must have a post to keep track of your progress so we can see that you participated.
- Follow along on Twitter and share your progress with the hashtag #BtHReadathon!