Friday, February 26, 2016

10 Things That Made Me Happy This Week (Vol. 18)

I'm super late posting today.  I usually have my posts prepared in advance, but today...not so much.  Friday just snuck up on me this week.  I was also sidelined with a migraine Wednesday and Thursday, so that nipped any post preparation plans in the bud, too.

Sooooo....  In light of all these factors, here is my tardy post of my incomplete list of ten eight things that made me happy this week.  Why only eight?  Well, because I'm suffering from a medicine-head hangover and eight is the best I could do under the circumstances.  LOL! 

1)  I found out Thursday that I was chosen as the weekly featured writer on Mackenzie's blog, Reflections from Me.  I was quite surprised and very honored. Click here to read my piece.

2)  Hidden Bodies by Carolyn Kepnes dropped on Tuesday.  I have been eagerly awaiting this sequel since I finished YOU in August.

3)  Santino Fontana is back, reprising his narrative role as Joe, the stalker I can't help but root for, in the audiobook version of Hidden Bodies.  I swear, I could listen to Mr. Fontana read the telephone book...  His voice is pure bliss.

4)  Speaking of Santino, he liked my tweet.  (Gush)  Yes, apparently I have a celebrity voice crush.

5) The shows for the 2016-17 Broadway in Louisville season were announced yesterday.  I'm a season subscriber and admit that this current year's selections are rather...meh.  But, I am super excited for next year's lineup!  I've been waiting to see Kinky Boots for 3 or 4 years!

6)  A celebratory birthday lunch for one of my teammates at work.  It was reminiscent of our old "lunch bunch" days when we were all able to eat together years ago.

7)  Red Velvet Cake Blizzard from Dairy Queen.  Oh.  My.  Gosh...

8)  Conversations with my roommate at work.  It's great to have a roommate that you can get along with, even better when you have a roommate that you like and enjoy talking with.

What were some things that made you happy this week?  Feel like sharing?  If so, don't be shy...

I hope this finds you having a wonderful Friday and gearing up for a great weekend.  As always, thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. RED VELVET CAKE BLIZZARD WHAT?! Is this new?! I must get my hands on one! Having a good roommate is great. Going in to freshman year of college I was terrified because all you hear is horror stories, but my roommate became my best friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it might be the "Blizzard of the Month," so you might want to get one this weekend! It was really good. Almost as good as Ben & Jerry's Red Velvet Cake ice cream.

      Delete
  2. Re: Sound of Music: I kind of feel like we all know who won that war.

    Anyway, I'm happy that tomorrow is Saturday. So my favorite barista will be working.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's an interesting personal tidbit - I've never seen The Sound of Music. Yep. That's right. Never. Zip. Zero. Nada. Zilch. LOL! Seeing the musical will be an completely new experience for me! Enjoy your Saturday!

      Delete
  3. Hopefully you're having an awesome weekend thus far!! I had an awful headache for three days this week. Our weather has been up, down and all over the place.
    Take care hun. xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...