Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Humpday Confessions (Vol. 7)

It's Wednesday, so you know what that means...  It's time for Humpday Confessions!

I confess...  Last Friday I had the day off.  Instead of doing what I should've been doing (working on some work related stuff that has a rapidly approaching deadline), I found myself cleaning out my refrigerator.  Yes, cleaning out the fridge.  You know I'm procrastinating when I resort to cleaning. #procrastinationatitsfinest



I confess...  My refrigerator purge rendered 27 items that had an expiration date from at least 6 months ago.  #yesi'matotalslackerdon'tjudgeme



I confess...  Some of the items I found were, um, well...  Quite scary. #it'salive



I confess...  One item expired either in 2006 or 2010.  I'm not entirely sure. #idon'teatthatstuffsoididn'tevenknowitwasinthere! 



I confess...  I'll be at a conference for the next 2 1/2 days and I'm not looking forward to it all.  Sitting in the sessions reminds me too much of my days sitting in speech path classes back in undergrad and graduate school (i.e. torture). Every year when I attend this conference, I have flashbacks.  My palms start to sweat, I start to hyperventilate, and get an overwhelming, panicky sensation that a report is due or that I'm going to be 30 minutes short in my practicum hours and not graduate!  It's not pretty.  #isufferfromspeechpathologyPTSD



Can anyone out there relate?  Happy Humpday to you!  Thanks for stopping by!


Linking up with Alanna and Company and Plucky in Love

15 comments:

  1. I don't clean when I'm procrastinating (that's what the internet is for) but when I go grocery shopping, I'll go through my fridge. There's always something in there that's scary. Mostly because my husband likes to leave one bite of something and then put it back and bury it so no one can see it until it's liquified or fuzzy or some rainbow array of colors it should not be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not big on sitting through classes. I find it difficult.

    My fridge needs to be wiped down. I keep on top of cleaning it out regularly, but the actual shelf cleaning I hate doing and it's time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LMAO! At least you were still being productive. When I procrastinate I usually just stay in bed all day and watch tv! I'm sure if I look in my fridge there are expired items too. Thank god I live with my grandma who is a clean freak and cleans it consistently lol. Happy Hump day ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I am actually scared to see what I would find if I cleaned out the bottles in my fridge. I regularly have to empty the fridge of food stuff because my roommates hoard everything in tupperware leaving no room for anything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally feel you - we always check the dates on things we pull out because you can't be too sure around my house :) I found something that expired in 2006. Crazy thing? We only had our new frig for 2 years! haha I guess we just put everything in the new one without looking. That's lazy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cleaning out your fridge is always a scary task! (And wow you really must have been procrastinating because I usually vacuum or use a whole roll of disinfectant wipes). It sounds like it really was something that needed to be done, so maybe you can feel better about not getting to the work project right then?

    ReplyDelete
  7. when cleaning out my pantry last year, i found stuff from 2004 :o

    ReplyDelete
  8. um i am the worst worst worst with the fridge. always gross stuff in there. oops.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, cleaning out the fridge &/or pantry is always a disaster! Eeek! Good job on getting it done though. *insert thumbs up here*

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love cleaning but cleaning the fridge sucks! However, my fiance is kind of a weirdo & will toss things out if they have been sitting open for awhile even if they aren't expired. He has this thing against "old food" for some reason. Now... my work fridge on the other hand has enough moldy stuff in it to kill someone.. :/ haha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha I always use cleaning to procrastinate too, and I've been there finding those nasty expired things! I'm terrible at leaving leftovers in the fridge for months, and those are what turn scary after so long!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hate cleaning out the fridge. And cleaning out the medicine cabinet is always bad too - there are some ooold expiration dates in there!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I almost fell off my chair laughing when I saw the picture of all your condiment bottles and containers from the fridge purge. We need a new fridge. Ours is old and small, so we can't accumulate nearly enough out-of-date items :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay we both do fridge bio experiments!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay we both do fridge bio experiments!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...