Friday, February 5, 2016

Rust - Hugh's Photo Challenge (Week 11)



I didn't have to venture far to find this week's object.  This rusty, dilapidated basketball goal is in front of my house.  It really needs to go...  LOL!

Small confession...  Throughout the entire process of working on this entry (thinking about things that would rust, searching for rusty things, taking a picture of the selected rusty thing, and actually creating this blog entry), I've had the following lyric stuck in my head:
"Tin roof...rusted." - from Loveshack by the B52s.
I swear I have mentally sung that line at least 50 times over the past 3 days...

Linking up with Hugh @ Hugh's Views and News.

8 comments:

  1. Now you got me humming that tune, Ericka. ��
    That's a great shot for the challenge. Are you sure you really want to get rid of it? Some people have said that rust makes objects works of art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Just sharing the love! Aren't ear worms great? Yes, I'm sure I want to get rid of it. Some might call it a work of art, but it really is an eye sore. Part of the backboard is missing and the backboard and goal are lopsided! I think the goal has served its purpose and needs to be put out of its misery!

      Delete
  2. Awesome about the lyric. I live where that song is based on. :) And I'm not a random weird commenter. I'm Hugh's stand-in this week for the challenge. The new challenge will be out as usual!!! Oddly, this photo would work with it too. muahahahahaaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, I sang that lyric on and off for days! Interesting about you living where the song is based on. (I am assuming GA, but that's really just a guess.) I welcome comments from the weird to the mundane! Feel free to comment anytime! I'll be eagerly anticipating to see what this week's challenge prompt will be!

      Delete
  3. By the way, looking around, you have one of the best set up blogs I've seen on blogspot. Very nice job. This coming from the one Hugh says taught him everything he knows about blogging. I think he lies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Click on the link above to get to Hugh's blog. You may have to go back a day or so to get to this week's challenge post (it changes weekly). Hugh typically announces theme for week on Tuesdays. Once you find this week's theme announcement (games), you will leave a comment that includes a link back to your blog post that you have posted that features your picture for that week.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...