Friday, October 9, 2015

Friday Favorites Vol. 2 & 10 Things That Made Me Happy This Week Vol. 3

Happy Friday, y'all (as we say here in Kentucky)!  Hoping that this finds you having survived the workweek.  Even though my workweek has been shorter than normal (I had to miss one day because I've been sick), it still feels like the longest week evah!  TGIF!
I know I chose this theme last week, but I'm going to use it again because I've found a lot of funny memes lately on Facebook.  Apparently, I am connected with a lot of meme lovin' people.  


FAVORITE RECENT FACEBOOK MEMES AND/OR CARTOONS
LOL!  This one creaked me up!
Even now, with my step kids being 16 and 19 years old, this still rings very true in my household.
Whomever thought the concept and use of irregular plurals was a good idea really needs to be strung up, tarred and feathered, something...  I know, I know, that person is probably dead by now, but still...
Consider yourself warned...
A little speech pathology humor here.  LOL!
I know I certainly did.  Now I want some Bugles.
I looked this one up just to see if it was accurate and sure enough it is.  A-ha had to release this song three times before it took off in the U.S. in 1985.  I still think it is one of the coolest videos ever.  To view the video, click here.
TRUTH!
I'm also linking up with Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird and Lindsay @ The Flynnigans and sharing the 10 Things That Made Me Happy This Week.
  1. Going to West Virginia last weekend to visit my family.
  2. "Kitchen talks" with my mom.
  3. Hanging out with my 83 year old grandfather and 82 year old grandmother.
  4. Autumn decorations.
  5. Apple pie. 
  6. The Martian by Andy Weir.  I honestly didn't expect to like this book as much as I have.  I'm not really into sci-fi, but I thoroughly enjoyed this audiobook.
  7. Despite having bronchitis and laryngitis and having to take a sick day on Tuesday, I made the most of the day at home.  I sat outside, enjoyed the sunshine and the warm temps, and did my part to keep my germs to myself and reduce any further contamination in my house.
  8. My monthly dinner date with my former co-workers/carpool buddies.
  9. My roommate at work.  Anytime you get a new roommate, you run the risk of not hitting it off.  My roommate and I not only have hit it off, but we've really become pretty good friends in a short amount of time.  I've really enjoyed getting to know her.
  10. This picture: 
    Because this isn't a meme or a cartoon, I chose not to include it above.  I think it's hilarious and it's made me chuckle a few times this week!  This is one of the BEST PHOTO BOMBS EVER!  (PS  This is not my picture.  I have no idea with whom to credit this photo because it has been shared and reposted so many times on FB.)
Have a fantastic weekend wherever you are!  Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

  1. Fun post. Your posts on Friday are becoming part of my things that make me happy :) I'm a woman who likes junk food...lots & lots of it, but I never ate bugles. Never. Weird, huh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah, it's not weird. Bugles may be a little regional, too. I just remember having them around growing up b/c my stepdad loved them. I had 3 Bugles over the weekend. Yes, exactly 3... LOL! Someone had given my mom some homemade party mix and whoever made it dumped some Bugles into the mix. They make you thirsty as all get out...

      Thanks, girl, for the compliment! I appreciate it!

      Delete
  2. I've never eaten bugles either, they never looked appealing to me. I'm a true blue devotee to Cool Ranch Doritos. :)

    Sounds like you were uber sick this week girl, I hope you're on the up and up now.

    Have a lovely weekend my friend and I'm also happy that you're linking up weekly. Friday's are awesome for so many reasons.

    xo
    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been rough, but I am on the mend and getting over this crud slowly but surely. Have a great weekend yourself!

      Delete
  3. OK I'm not gonna lie, I just saved that cleaning meme. Poor Hubby came home this morning and was trying to figure out if he made me mad because the place was spotless. HAHAH Im an angry cleaner. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post. I love the memes. Made me smile and giggled some. Enjoy your mom! I sure do miss mine. We used to talk over morning coffee at her house. I will always remember those times. Also it's amazing that your grandparents are as old as they are. I hope they are still in good health!
    Link to my blog: http://psychandmom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I do try to make the most of my visits with my mom and grandparents. They are in relative good health, so I am quite blessed.

      Delete
  5. Haha that picture is awesome. And mmm apple pie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, that is truly one of the best photo bombs I've ever seen! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. I would've preferred to have to replied to you via email, but you are signed in as anonymous and have no email address that I can access.

    Anyway, here's what I did three years ago when I started my blog. I signed up through Blogger. Keep in mind that there are other blogging platforms such as WordPress. I went through Blogger for no specific reason other than several of the blogs I was already following were set up through Blogger. Blogger has various templates that you can chose from and I just picked one and started working on it. I utilized Google a lot for suggestions, for tutorials, and to answer questions when I was setting up this blog.

    Here's the best thing - this blog has not cost me anything. Some bloggers pay for third party blog templates and specific web domains (where their web address is essentially their address without blogspot.com in it). I don't because this is just a hobby and an outlet for me.

    Good luck in your blogging endeavors!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...