Saturday, April 2, 2016

B is for Bora Bora

Before I die, I want to visit Bora Bora.

Via
Bora Bora is one of the most popular islands in the Leeward group of the Society Islands of French Polynesia.  Located approximately 4100 miles southwest of Los Angeles (about halfway between the U.S. and Australia), Bora Bora is easily accessible by a one hour flight from Tahiti or Moorea.  Bora Bora has a total land area of approximately 17 square miles and consists of a main island that is surrounded by smaller islands, a lagoon, and barrier reef. 

Via

In the center of the main island are Mount Pahia and Mount Otemanu.  The remnants of an extinct volcano, Mount Otemanu rises to a height of 2385 feet.

Via
Bora Bora is known for its pristine, white sand beaches, aquamarine lagoon, and thatched-roofed overwater bungalows that are connected to land via long, wooden walkways.  When I make it to Bora Bora one day, I must stay in one of these bungalows, for I think it is the quintessential Bora Bora experience.


Via
Via
Via
Via

Most bungalows have their very own private water access plank/patio and come with complimentary snorkel gear.  I can only imagine how surreal it would be to wake up in the morning, climb the stairs/ladder down steps down to my patio, and dive into these crystal blue waters.  It was truly be like heaven on earth!


Via


Have you ever been to Bora Bora?  Is it as awesome as I think it would be?  Thanks for stopping by!

This is the second of twenty-six alphabetized blog entries that I am publishing this month as a part of the 2016 Blogging A to Z Challenge.  Many bloggers who participate in this challenge select a theme.  My theme is - "Whatever I Think Of."  

For more information on the Blogging from A to Z April Challenge, click here.

13 comments:

  1. Easily accessible... from Tahiti. LOL

    It does look like a fun place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most of the travel destinations on my bucket list do not include beach vacations, however Bora Bora is the exception. It has a surreal quality and looks stunning. Maybe someday!


    @WeekendsInMaine
    Weekends in Maine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too! I really want to stay in a bungalow above the water, that's kinda a dream of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bungalows are interesting. Is it possible to live in one?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bungalows are interesting. Is it possible to live in one?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never been there, probably won't make it there, but the color of the water seems just so vibrant!

    hope you get there one day!

    betty
    http://viewsfrombenches.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bora Bora looks so amazing. I too would love to visit it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bora Bora looks so peaceful. I think it would make the perfect writer's retreat. One can dream...
    @deb_atwood from
    Pen In Her Hand

    ReplyDelete
  9. bora bora absolutely looks amazing and i'd love to visit.. but to be perfectly honest, don't think i ever will. it does look fabulous but it's not super high on my list, you know? i wish i had all the time and money in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've got a FANTASTIC idea. I'll win the lottery (or you can), and we'll pay for our blogger buddies to have a catch up in Bora Bora. After all, it's halfway between America and Australia :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...