Sunday, April 3, 2016

Book Challenge by Erin 4.0 - Third Month Check-in


As of March 31, I have accumulated 405 points (out of a possible 500):
200 - First round points (Finished Feb. 21; tied 6th place finisher)
180 - Bonus round points to date
25 - Bonus points to date (for using books in bonus round that have been previously used by other participants as denoted with * below)


BONUS ROUND 180/250 points!
  • 10 pts. Any book that is at least 200 pages long - Hidden Bodies by Caroline Kepnes Read February 24-29
  • 15 pts.* A book that starts with D - Dear Mr. You by Mary-Louise Parker Read March 5-9
  • 15 pts.* A book with a 4 word title -  Maybe in Another Life by Taylor Jenkins Reid Read February 21-23
  • 20 pts. A book with “mother,” “father,” “daughter,” “son”, or “child" in title (plurals are allowed) - My Sister's Grave by Robert Dugoni 
  • 25 pts. A currently ranked “most popular author” on Amazon that is NEW TO ME - Me Before You by Jojo Moyes* 
  • 25 pts. A book set in any country in Asia - Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan Read March 28-
  • 30 pts.* A book with a season in the title - One Summer by David Baldacci Read March 21-25
  • 35 pts.* A funny book from the Buzzfeed list - Breakfast of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut  March 10-12
  • 35 pts.* A book that is a favorite of a friend or family member - The Help by Kathryn Stockett (favorite of my mom's) Read March 12-19
  • 40 pts. A book published in the year I was born - Six Days of the Condor by James Grady Read March 1-4

I will share my thoughts/reviews on the books I read during the month of March on Tuesday April 12 in my monthly installment of Recently Read. 

Are you participating in Erin's challenge?  If so, how's it going?  As always, thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. What a fun challenge! I wish I had seen this earlier. Don't know if it's too late to join in...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a very fun reading challenge with no pressure. It ends at the end of this month, so you may want to wait and participate in her 5.0 challenge, which I think will run from July 1 through October 31.

      Delete
  2. Breakfast of Champions is the only one I've read. Though I've seen the film for the Condor, which was changed to Three Days of...

    (double entendre about reading and Mary-Louise Parker)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a little behind in responding to comments... I apologize. I watched the movie shortly after finishing the book. The film was different from the book in many ways besides the title change. Most people seem to prefer the movie. Although Robert Redford was extremely easy on the eyes, I think I prefer the book.

      Delete
  3. You've been awesome in this challenge! I just finished Me Before You last night. I am always hesitant when a book has so many people love it, because I don't always agree. But, this book was really lovely, and I'm glad the challenge finally "forced" me to read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, chica! It's been a fun one! Me Before You is next, that is, if I can ever finish Crazy Rich Asians. It's not that CRA is bad, but it's a bit longer than necessary and I've had other distractions this week being in WV and all... I understand what you mean about reading a book that everyone has LOVED, for it makes me hesitant, too. In contrast, I sometimes hesitate to recommend books to people b/c I know there's that chance that they won't like it and here I've built it up for them.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...