Friday, July 15, 2016

Friday 5 - aka My Happy List



I hadn't planned to post anything today and I'm terribly late in doing so. However, after the horrific events that took place in France yesterday, I decided that a post in positivity was in order.  

Yes, folks, we are living in troubled and difficult times, but it's imperative to remember that there is still good in this world and there are still things to be happy about.  In the past, when participating in the 10 Things That Made Me Happy This Week linkup, I've listed 10 things.  For the sake of time and to reduce redundancy, I'm going with 5 today.

1.  Jennifer Garner, a fellow native West Virginian, launched a t-shirt campaign earlier this week to help raise funds for recovery efforts after historic flash flooding devastated many parts of the state.  I am always impressed with celebrities who do not forget their roots.


2.  Celebrating my grandmother's 83rd birthday yesterday with DQ Blizzards and milkshakes.

3.  Jennifer Aniston's letter regarding the never ending pregnancy rumors and the practice of body shaming.  As a woman who is childless by choice, much of what she said deeply resonated with me.


4.  Ready Player One by Ernest Cline.  I'm not a fan of sci-fi books (or movies or TV shows for that matter), but I am a child of the 80s!  With all the 80s references (Oingo Boingo, DeLorean, ECTO-88, War Games, Union of the Snake...) , this book has been so much fun!  I'm already getting excited over the film adaptation that is to be directed by Spielberg and released in 2018!


5. This YouTube video of this future Rocky Balboa.  Hilarious!


Have a wonderful weekend wherever you are!  As always, thanks for stopping by!


Linking up with:

&


2 comments:

  1. LOVED what Jennifer Aniston had to say this week. I almost linked to it yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh how cool about jennifer garner, and i loved jennifer aniston's letter. i really hope it changes things, it's a bit ridiculous. glad you are liking ready player one, i can't wait for the movie too. 2018? boo so long! lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...