Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Challenges, Challenges! (Book Challenge by Erin 5.0 2nd Month Check In)


Well, here we are...  September 5th.  Time to check-in with Erin for her current book challenge.  

To be perfectly honest, I really thought I'd be finished with this challenge by now (the first round anyway), but I'm not.  In fact, I still have two books to go to complete the first round.  I admit, I have been in a major reading slump and my reading last month reflected that.  I read one book in August.  One.  Uno.  One singular, solitary book.  For a gal who averages 6-7 books a month, last month was quite an anomaly.  I blame it on a combination of watching the Olympics, going back to work, and having a lot of things on my mind that I needed to work through.  Oh, well...  it happens, right?

Without further ado, here is my current standing in the Book Challenge by Erin 5.0.

PREVIOUS POINTS ACCUMULATED: 110/200 
POINTS ACCUMULATED IN AUGUST:  25
TOTAL POINTS ACCUMULATED: 135/200
(categories grayed out were completed in July)

10 points: A Book with a Five Word Title
Home to Big Stone Gap by Adriana Trigiani
305 pages | Format: Audiobook | Read July 1-3 | My rating: 4/5

5 points: Freebie 

Are You There, Vodka? It’s Me, Chelsea by Chelsea Handler
264 pages | Format: Audiobook | Read July 4-6 | My rating: 3/5

10 points: A Book Whose Title Starts with the Letter R 

Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
374 pages | Format: Audiobook | Read July 10-17 | My rating: 5/5

30 points: A Music Related Book 
Dancing with Myself by Billy Idol
352 pages | Format: Audiobook | Read July 7-18 | My rating: 3.5/5

15 points: A Book with a Mostly Blue Cover
The Edge of Lost by Kristina McMorris
340 pages | Format: Audiobook | Read July 18-22 | My rating: 4/5

20 points: A Book from Popsugar's 100 Books to Read Before They're Movies List 

Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
288 pages | Format: Audiobook | Read July 23-24 | My rating: 4.5/5

20 points: A Book that Features Twins 
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
433 pages | Format: Hardback | Read July 23-31 | My rating: 4/5

25 points: A Book Set in a Country I Want to Visit 
China Rich Girlfriend by Kevin Kwan (set in China)
pages | Format: Audiobook | Read August 1-25 | My rating: 4/5

*I will review China Rich Girlfriend on Tuesday September 13 in my monthly installment of Recently Read, which, understandably, will be uber short.  LOL! 


CATEGORIES TO GO


30 points: A Historical Fiction Book 
The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah
449 pages | Format: Audiobook | Read August 25 -

35 points: A Book Published 100+ Years Ago The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
327 pages | Format: Audiobook | Read 


-|-

Are you participating in Erin's challenge?  If so, how's it going?  Have a good one!




6 comments:

  1. You're doing so much better in Erin's challenge than I am! I've just been so busy that I haven't had much time to read either! Hopefully we'll both pick it up over the next two months!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Fortunately, I got a great start early on and that helped. I'm currently working my way through The Nightingale and after that I have one more - the book that is 100+ years old category (which I'm kind of dreading actually). It may take me a month to get through that one (Adventures of Huckleberry Finn).

      Delete
  2. You and I both tackle a lot of reading challenges. I keep anticipating me hitting a reading slump sooner or later. That being said, you are still doing quite well and should finish it without a problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will finish the first round. Achieving "elite reader status," or whatever you called it by finishing both rounds, well... that I don't know about this time. I think the universe is telling me to deal with some stuff and quit escaping into books like I typically do. We'll see. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Nearly there! You're miles ahead of me!
    I'm hoping to do better this month now Megan's challenge is over - I finished my historical fiction book yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm 2 away from finishing the first round! I can do this! I can do this! Right now, I'm not sure if I will continue and participate in the bonus round. I haven't decided. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...