Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Tuesday Topics (Not on Tuesday) - Five Cocktails and Four Film Soundtracks

Today I'm linking up with Jenn @ Quirky Pickings and discussing two Tuesday Topics in one post - Five Cocktails and Four Film Soundtracks.  


Mojito - My favorite cocktail. My preference is a straight up original with a sugar cane stick, but every once in a while I will try an exotic flavor.



Oaks Lily - If you've never attended Churchill Downs in Louisville, KY, then you are probably unfamiliar with this drink.  The Lily is the official drink of the Kentucky Oaks race (whereas the Mint Julep is the official drink of the Kentucky Derby).  The Lily has become a popular alternative for track attendees who, like me, do not like Mint Juleps.



Hoegaarden Original White Ale - In the last decade, I've apparently developed an allergy to beer.  Seriously.  I used to love - and I mean LOVE - Blue Moon Belgium White, but it got to the point where the facial flushing and severe nasal congestion I experienced after drinking it became too much, so I gave it up.  But, for some reason or another, Hoegaarden does not affect me the way the majority of other beers do.  Thing is - it's not easy to find.  When I do get a hankering for a beer, I seek out Hoegaarden, which I first discovered in Belgium in 2009.



Angry Orchard Crisp Apple Cider - Once I discovered my allergy to beer, I had to find an alternative and that's how I became a cider drinker.  Because I love apples, am not allergic to anything in cider (as far as I know), and Angry Orchard is fairly common and easy to find, the transition to a cider drinker has worked out nicely.



Original Sin Elderberry Cider - If I could drink one cider for the rest of my life, it would this one.  I love balance of the sweet apples and the tart elderberry.  Almost as hard to find as Hoegaarden, I don't get this very often but when I do, I enjoy and savor every single drop.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


To me, Purple Rain is the quintessential movie soundtrack.  Often, the thing about soundtracks is that there are a handful of good songs, but the rest are just throw away.  In my opinion, there was not a bad song on the entire Purple Rain album. 



This soundtrack is from the motion picture, which was based on the Broadway Musical of the same name.  Rent is full of catchy tunes that often get stuck in my head.  Several of the songs, especially "Seasons of Love" and "I Should Tell You," are incredibly touching.



I'm a self-admitted child of the 80s.  Both the Broadway Musical and motion picture soundtracks of Rock of Ages deliver a memorable musical trip down memory lane.  I'm usually not very fond of tribute versions or remakes of classic songs, but I like these versions.
  


Before seeing the film Begin Again, which stars Keira Knightly, Mark Ruffalo, and Adam Levine, I had not heard any of the songs from the soundtrack.  In fact, I had never even heard of this movie before my husband stumbled upon it one day while channel surfing.  Many of the songs are very catchy and unique.  The fact that I bought the soundtrack in its entirety speaks volumes.


So, what is your favorite cocktail and your favorite film soundtrack?  I love interaction, so please feel free to share in a comment below.

As always, thanks for stopping by!  Have a wonderful Wednesday!

  

3 comments:

  1. rock of ages. i'd forgotten about that movie. i do like the songs on that compilation. that's not a bad playlist, there. i think i'd rather have the actual bands performing them, though.

    thanks for linking up, lady. and no worries that you didn't do it on tuesday. i'm just happy you're playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes. Purple Rain is a classic. Forrest Gump is a good one.

    I'll take a Brown Cow - Kahlua and milk.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...