Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Dear...


Dear Facebook Pot Stirrer,

I love how you proudly professed your ability to "scroll on by" something you saw on Facebook that you didn't like or didn't necessarily agree with.

Honey,  I hate to tell you this, but by commenting on the post that you're supposedly "scrolling on by," you're not scrolling on by; "scrolling on by" involves no typing on your part.


Dear Narcissist,

You are not cursed.  If the people whom you surround yourself with do harmful things to themselves, it's not because of you - it's because they have their own issues.  By claiming to be cursed, you are basically saying that you're the reason these people hurt themselves, which, if true, is somewhat disturbing when you really think about it.  More realistically, you just have an over-inflated sense of self and think anything and everything is ALL about you.  Buddy, let me tell you, it's not.  Get over yourself.


Dear Pay at the Pump,


I love you and I hate you.  I love you because you make getting gas so much simpler; you keep me from having to walk into the gas station and interact with folks inside.  This makes me happy.  I hate you, however, when you refuse to work as you are designed to.  Get with the program, will ya?


Dear Singleton on Valentine's Day,


I've been in your shoes, in fact I was in your shoes for many years, so I know what this pink, artificially sweet, over-commercialized, couples holiday can do to your spirit when you're not in a relationship.  Trust me, I remember that feeling all-to-well and I know how much it sucks.  It can actually blow chunks.  But, your perpetual wallowing in self pity on social media is not helping your cause and I suspect it may be making you feel worse.

May I make a suggestion?  Instead of bemoaning about your single status the entire week leading up to V-Day with multiple, daily Facebook or Instagram posts, why don't you use that time to do sometime for you? Invest in yourself.  Are you interested in learning sign language?  Sign up for a class.  Are you interested in oil painting?  Go for it!  Exercise, read, watch classic black and white movies, watch Oscar nominated movies for this year, take a women's self defense class, volunteer.  Bottom line - do something.  Do something productive.  Don't waste this time, for time is something we can never get back.   

Sincerely, 

Ericka

9 comments:

  1. Valentine's day is an over commercialized day it is more about gifts than about feelings

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are two gas stations on my exact route to/from work. I've actually left one before and went to the other one when the pay at the pump didn't work correctly or took too long. It's actually kept me away from the one because it's just inconvenient.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! And once I have a bad pay at the pump experience at a gas station, chances are that I will never go back to that one (unless I'm desperate).

      Delete
  3. I hate when the pay at the pump doesnt work. I really have to debate if I want to go inside or not

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've actually left gas stations before because their pay at the pumps weren't working and went to find another station! I hate going inside and dealing with humanity. LOL!

      Delete
  4. I don't need to buy much gas because I drive less since I retired, thank goodness that limits my time at the pay when you pump.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to have to fill up once a week when I was driving 450 miles a week to work and back. Now I'm down to 280 a week, so I have to fill up every 8th or 9th day.

      Delete
  5. Oh, the Facebook Pot Stirrer made me laugh. Why do people do that? Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea... Perhaps they feed off the drama and therefore have to keep the drama going.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...