Thursday, May 2, 2019

Currently... (Vol. 39)


Attending...  Thurby, as I have every year for the past 4 years with my speech path buddies Ka and H. This will more than likely be our last Thurby, though, because the event's popularity has driven up ticket prices and has made getting covered, grandstand seats harder to get.  We will probably just alter our tradition a bit and go to Churchill Downs on the Wednesday of Derby week next year.

Crossing...  my fingers that the rain holds off until later this evening.

Feeling...  accomplished.  I completed the KDF Mini Marathon this past weekend as a walker and I beat my PR from last year by 4 minutes!  I was very uncertain if I would be able to beat my time  because of the gastro sickness that knocked me out of commission for two weeks earlier last month, but I did!


Doctoring...  two very sore toenails that are an interesting shade of purply-red at the moment.  I suspect they will turn black eventually.  Oh, the joys of walking/running long distances.

Counting...  down the days until the end of school - 15, not including today.

Ready...  for all the end of the school year craziness - paperwork out the wazoo, endless amounts of filing, state assessments...  Bring it!  LOL!

Preparing...  to pack up my therapy stuff and belongings at work.  It looks like I'll be in a different room next year.

Reading Listening...  to nothing at the moment.  Whomp, whomp.  

Ready...  to clean off the deck and spend some quality time sitting outside.  My beagle, Rascal, is ready for some quality deck sitting time, too.

Shopping...  for new bedsheets.  The ones I have aren't deep enough to stay on my new mattress very well.

Laughing... at this:


Agreeing...  with this:



April in a Snapshot:

1) View of the Bahamas from 38,000 feet, snorkeling with C in Ocho Rios,
my default drink after getting sick in Jamaica.
2) Kayaking in Jamaica, sunrise as viewed from my school, colors of spring.
3) Flowering dogwood, my friend D and I before the KDF Mini Marathon,
the horse that won me $40 on opening night.


What have you been up to lately?

Linking up with:



8 comments:

  1. A vacation pic you don't see very Gatorade in Jamaica lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! After the first night, Lemon Lime Gatorade was the fruitiest drink I drank while there...

      Delete
  2. I really enjoy Gatorade anyway lol.
    Pineapple and pizza do not go together.
    Eh, I'm not reading anything either, despite the stack on my nightstand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to respectfully disagree. Hawaiian pizza is fabulous! LOL!

      Delete
  3. i've never been to thurby but i have heard it's getting busier and busier. which sucks for locals. i'm sure wednesday will become the new local day... they should just give us all the whole week off lol. congrats on your PR! that is amazing. i agree about hawaiian pizza, i don't really understand why people feel so strongly about other peoples pizza toppings...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on the half-marathon.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...