Thursday, August 2, 2018

Currently... (Vol. 30)


Reflecting...  on the progress I've made in two years during my weight loss quest. I've yet to break through the 40 pound mark, but I'm holding my own and simply maintaining.  This is probably the longest I've ever been able to maintain my weight and that in itself is a huge accomplishment for me.

Starting...  my 19th school year as a school-based speech pathologist.

Sitting...  with an entirely different staff for the first time in 18 years during the district's opening day teacher pep rally.

Wearing...  a green and white staff t-shirt instead of a gray and navy blue one.

Still annoyed...  by the persistent phone scammers I mentioned last month who are still calling me, but now they are calling from Texas numbers.  I block them one day and then the next day they call from a different number, which is usually one digit different from the number I just blocked.  Guess this is just the game I'm going to have to play.  

Enjoying...  all the Lip-sync Challenge videos posted by various law enforcement agencies from all over the country.  Here are some of my favorites in no particular order:






Listening...  to the audiobook Native Tongue by Carl Hiaasen.

Progressing...  slowly in Erin's latest book challenge.  (See end of post for details.)

Surprised...  that an author whose books I love "liked" one of my tweets.



Remodeling...  one of the bedrooms in my house that has been recently vacated by one of the dependents who is now independent.

Reminding...  myself that in order to make an omelet, one must break a few eggs. (I'm speaking metaphorically in reference to the mess that's in my house right now as we work on this remodeling project.)

Looking forward to... The Mayans, a spinoff of Sons of Anarchy, which will premier on September 4 on FX.


Missing...  morning weekday walks in the park.

Commemorating my...


I honestly didn't expect that I'd ever blog long enough to reach this blogging milestone.  If you've been reading my posts from early on, thank you for hanging with me as I figured out what I was doing and found a niche.  If you are new to my blog, thanks for taking the time to stop and peruse. 

Laughing and agreeing...  with this meme:



July in a Snapshot:

1) An old friend, hiking Long Point Trail in the New River Gorge, Bridge Walk
2) Def Leppard, evidence of a hailstorm, paint swatches
3) an IKEA lamp, sweat equity, first day of school.

What have you been up to lately?  Anything new with you?


Linking up with: 



Book Challenge by Erin 9.0 Progress to Date

  • 5 points: Freebie (A book that is at least 200 pages) - The Midnight Plan of the Repo Man by W. Bruce Cameron.
  • 10 points: Read a book that starts with the letter “N” - Native Tongue by Carl Hiaasen
  • 10 points: Read a book that has a (mostly) orange cover - The Sentry by Robert Crais
  • 15 points: Read a book with an unlikeable character - Tampa by Alissa Nutting
  • 20 points: Read a book from the list of 100 books that PBS calls “The Great American Read” - TBD
  • 20 points: Read a book with something related to water in the title; i.e. ocean, sea, lake, river, waves, etc. - The Flood Girls by Richard Fitfield
  • 25 points: Read a book you’ve owned the longest but haven’t read yet - The Scarecrow by Michael Connelly
  • 30 points: Read a book with an emotion word in the title; i.e. joy, sadness, grief, love, anger, etc. - Every Anxious Wave by Mo Daviau
  • 30 points: Read a book (must be at least 2 words in the title) where each word in the title of the book begins with the same letter - Finding Frasier by KC Dyer
  • 35 points: Read a book featuring a character who shares your profession or similar one (Speech Pathologist) - The King’s Speech by Mark Logue and Peter Conradi 

18 comments:

  1. Happy 500th post!

    Ugh, phone scammers... I've blocked so many numbers and just when I think the calls have finally stopped up pops another one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This phone scamming is truly getting out of hand, isn't it?

      Delete
  2. I'm so looking forward to Mayans, too! Congrats on 500 blog posts, quite an accomplishment. I'll have to check out those lip syncing videos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a closeted SOA fan for a long time, so I'm glad to hear how many other people liked it and are looking forward to The Mayans. Thank you and hope you enjoy the videos!

      Delete
  3. I read The Flood Girls for Erin's challenge too; I really enjoyed it! So cool that TJR liked your tweet. Congrats on 500 posts- that's quite a milestone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the rate I'm going, I *might get to Flood Girls. I'm not progressing as steadily as I'd like. LOL! I'm glad to hear that it's enjoyable. Thank you!

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on 500 and hope there is 500 more. Great job on maintaining the weight loss it is a very hard thing to do

    ReplyDelete
  5. ugh the phone scammers are SO annoying. it's gotten to the point that i never answer my phone anymore and assume everyone is a scammer. annoying. i had not seen any of those lip sync videos so i will be watching those tonight when i get home. ahhh yay for TJR liking your tweet!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rarely answer my phone anymore, too. It's awful that it's come to this. Hope you enjoy the lip sync videos!

      Delete
  6. Congrats on maintaining!

    I totally fangirl when I interact with authors. Very cool!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Maintaining for me is a huge non-scale victory! I agree, interacting with authors and voice actors (that I know from audiobooks) is a very cool experience!

      Delete
  7. Congrats on 500 posts! And how fun an author you love liked your tweet. I love that about Twitter. :) Makes me so happy. Yay for maintaining your weight too. I really want to lose more, but I'd be happy with staying the same too. I've gone up a bit in the last couple months, so I want to go down some and then we'll see where it goes from there.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm very thankful that I've been able to maintain, but really want to lose about 20 more pounds. I may have to mix it somehow to get there, though.

      Delete
  8. I completely forgot that The Mayans was going to start up! I'll have to remind my husband because we both loved SOA! And still way to go on all of the weight that you have lost! I know that you have a goal, but that's still a job well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your 500 posts and maintaining the weight loss. I know what you mean about one room disrupting the whole house.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's SO strange to switch schools and be with a different staff and wear different colors. I know the feeling well!

    I love TJR...I hope she has a new book coming out soon.

    Also, weight maintenance is so much more important than just weight loss, so that's definitely something to congratulate yourself on :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was incredibly strange. Something even stranger, the superintendent asked all first year employees to stand up to be recognized. Then he asked those who had worked for the county for at least 10 years to stand, so I stood. Then he asked those who had been with the county at least 15 years to remain standing and I did. I looked around and I was just one of a handful from my school who had been with the county that long. It's really surreal to now be one of the elder veterans. LOL!

      Thank you!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...