Friday, August 31, 2018

Finally!


If you're a regular reader, you know that I've been on a weight loss quest since August 1, 2016.  On my own, just by counting calories and eating sensibly, I dropped 38 lbs.  No programs, no gimmicks, just good old fashioned calorie counting and eating sensibly.  But, in April 2017 everything came to a screeching halt as I hit the dreaded plateau.  For 516 days I've been stuck, completely unable to break through the 210 lb. mark (the lowest weight I was able to reach since starting this quest) regardless of what I did, what I ate, or how much I exercised.

Earlier this month, instead of marking my two year weight loss quest anniversary with a blog post, I opted to gloss over it in my monthly currently post.  Truth is, I was frustrated and embarrassed.  I know that I have nothing to be embarrassed about for I've lost weight and have been able to keep it off for a year and a half, which is a BIG victory for me.  But, I had really hoped by time my two-year anniversary rolled around that I'd be well into the 190s or 180s.  I think most of all, I was disappointed.

Anyway, on August 1 I decided to try something new (I'll explain more about what I've been doing next week) and I'm happy to announce that as of yesterday I weighed in at 209.6 lbs. - FINALLY breaking through my plateau and FINALLY getting under 210 lbs.!

When I saw the number on the scale yesterday morning, I  admit that I got a little teary eyed.  I swear, that moment had been a long time coming.  Typically, I don't get too hung up on the number on the scale, but that number - 210 - has plagued me for 17 months!  For the first time in a looonnnggg time, I feel a renewed sense of hope and believe that my ultimate goal of getting out of the 200s is actually attainable again.

Thanks for joining me in my little celebration of this significant moment.  May you have a great Friday and a wonderful holiday weekend.

Ericka

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations on breaking the plateau keep hope and keep going you will get what you want

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I apologize for being so late in my response, but thank you so much for kind words of support!

      Delete
  2. Well done! I hope the changes you've made keep you going in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I apologize for being so late in my response. September was a brutally busy month.

      Delete
  3. congrats!! i know the number on the scale isn't the most important thing in the world, but when you're working hard and don't see a change for so long it can be incredibly frustrating. so congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I apologize for being so late in my response, but thank you so much for your kind words!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I apologize for being so late in my response, but thank you so much!

      Delete
  5. Yay! Congrats on that amazing accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I apologize for being so late in my response, but thank you so much for your congratulatory words!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...