Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Book Challenge by Erin 4.0 - Second Month Check-in


Alright, alright, alright...  Sorry, I've had Matthew McConaughey's iconic line from Dazed and Confused stuck in my head for a few days now.  Anyway, month two of Erin's Book Challenge 4.0 is a wrap.  Although not a requirement, I'm still reporting my progress here on my blog. 

As of today, I have accumulated 230 points:
200 - First round points
25 - Bonus round points to date
5 - Bonus points to date (for using books in bonus round that have been previously used by other participants as denoted with * below)

Below are the selections I have chosen to read for the Bonus Round.

BONUS ROUND 25/250 points!
  • 10 pts. Any book that is at least 200 pages long - Hidden Bodies by Caroline Kepnes Read February 24-29
  • 15 pts. A book that starts with D - Dear Mr. You by Mary-Louise Parker*
  • 15 pts.*  A book with a 4 word title - Maybe in Another Life by Taylor Jenkins Reid Read February 21-23
  • 20 pts. A book with “mother,” “father,” “daughter,” “son”, or “child" in title (plurals are allowed) - My Sister's Grave by Robert Dugoni 
  • 25 pts. A currently ranked “most popular author” on Amazon that is NEW TO ME - Me Before You by Jojo Moyes 
  • 25 pts. A book set in any country in Asia - Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan
  • 30 pts. A book with a season in the title - One Summer by David Baldacci* 
  • 35 pts. A funny book from the Buzzfeed list - Breakfast of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut* 
  • 35 pts. A book that is a favorite of a friend or family member - The Help by Kathryn Stockett* (favorite of my mom's) 
  • 40 pts. A book published in the year I was born - Six Days of the Condor by James Grady
*indicates that this book has been used by another participant in the challenge and, once I read it, too, will be worth an additional 5 points.

FIRST ROUND 200/200 points!
Points as of February 1: 130/200
Points as of February 21: 200/200 - FINISHED!
  • 5 pts. Any book that is at least 200 pages long - November 9 by Colleen Hoover. Read January 29 - February 2
  • 10 pts. A book that starts with D - Dust to Dust by Tami Hoag. Read January 11-18
  • 10 pts. A book with a 4 word title - Before He Finds Her by Michael Kardos. Read January 2-8
  • 15 pts. A book with “mother,” “father,” “daughter,” “son”, or “child" in title (plurals are allowed) - Not My Father’s Son by Alan Cumming. Read January 1
  • 20 pts. A currently ranked “most popular author” on Amazon that is NEW TO ME - Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling (Honestly, I’ve never ready ANY of her books before).  Read February 3-9
  • 20 pts. A book set in any country in Asia -  The Day of the Wave by Becky Wicks. Read February 17-21
  • 25 pts. A book with a season in the title - Winter Garden by Kristen Hannah.  Read February 9-18
  • 30 pts. A funny book from the list @ www.buzzfeed.com/erinchack/books-guaranteed-to-make-you-laugh-out-loud - This is Where I Leave You by Jonathan Tropper.  January 21-29
  • 30 pts. A book that is a favorite of a friend or family member - Bridget Jones’s Diary by Helen Fielding (One of my best friends all-time faves & a re-read for me). January 18-21
  • 35 pts. A book published in the year I was born - Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance by Robert M. Pirsig. January 8-23
I will share my thoughts/reviews on the books I've read during the month of February next Tuesday in my monthly installment of Recently Read. 

Are you participating in this challenge?  If so, how's it going?  As always, thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. I want to read Me Before You :) I wish I could take part in those reading challenges but this girl has ran out of time, geeeez! xoxoxo Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impressive, I'm one book away from finishing my first round. I doubt I'll do the bonus round since there's so many other books whispering read me, read me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i don't think i have even completed the first round... oops. i loved me before you and the help - can't wait to hear what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are crushing it in Erin's Book Challenge! I still haven't finished the first round, but I'm about half way there, so hopefully I'll be able to finish it by the end!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rockin' it, Ericka! I have so many reasons I enjoy this challenge...here's one: I would have never even considered picking up Alan Cumming's book except that all of you who read it gave such wonderful reviews. I'm almost finished with it, and I'm thankful for my fellow challengers for bringing it to my attention.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...